Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 lightning. Which is stock but has a tune for h/c/ bigger supercharger well if i want it back to stock and my tuner cant do it for some other reasons can i take it to the dealer to get it flashed back to stock ?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
yes, a dealer can do it for you...

your tuner needs to be fired if he can't tune a "stock" lightning...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol its that i have a remanufactered computer so my tuner cant tune it i dunno why he can only load tuned files to my truck kinda like a middle man type of thing he uses sniper but i have no idea why that happends he can tune 99 and up lightnings with stock computers but not mine sinces its remanufrctuered so everytime we retune it another guy has to send a file and my tuner loads it in but the other guy takes to long and i just want it flashed back to stock for the mean while to be able to use the truck

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
then yeah a visit to a dealer should work for ya

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
took my truck :rockon_ford to the dealer i turned on the truck it turned on fine took it off the trailer they took all day prob cuz they had alot of work:smt102 then they flashed my comp and made me a new key i have no idea why :smt102 but now the truck turns but wont start :smt013 :smt100 dam i wounder what can it be they said thell check it tomorrow

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thats no good.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
took my truck :rockon_ford to the dealer i turned on the truck it turned on fine took it off the trailer they took all day prob cuz they had alot of work:smt102 then they flashed my comp and made me a new key i have no idea why :smt102 but now the truck turns but wont start :smt013 :smt100 dam i wounder what can it be they said thell check it tomorrow
When Ford reflashes the computer they redo all of it including the keys in it allready. Being they did a new key it means you only gave them one key and the system has to have at least 2 keys programed in it at all times.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohh i didnt know bout the keys , but i wounder why it wont start is it possible they ****ed up my comp ? has this ever happened to anyone

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Could be a number of things that's causing it not to start. Whats the theft light on the dash doing? is it flashing fast or just on when you turn the key?

·
Registered
410 Posts
sounds like the computer isnt communicating with the PATS system. and ford should only charge around 75 bucks to flash your ecu with the latest current program. id almost garuntee its the pats and the theft light just blinks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
found out what the prob was its that the old chip was atached to the remote start lol thats why it would not turn on now its on and working badass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts