Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fully built motor, fully built tranny, a water meth injection kit. 2.3L Whipple. JLP traction bars and QAI adjustable shocks.
This past Friday I ran a 1.73 60 foot time with a 12.603 1/4 mile time at 107 mph. It was in the mid 70's in temperature. Is that about right? I was expecting to get into the 11's. what do you guys think?

·
AntiSocial
17 X3 35i, 18 Equinox LT 2.0T
806 Posts
What pulleys and boost?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
^^^^ elevation plays a big role in this.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
^^^^ elevation plays a big role in this.
You know the reason that supercharging and turbocharging first came about? WWII, So aircraft could have the same performance at altitude that they do down low. The Lockheed was the first aircraft equipped with superchargers. Then turbos came along later. During the war, there were planes like the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and Bell P-39 Air Cobra that didn't have either. They were great at low level, but sucked ass up high. Yet the P-38, P-47 and P-51 could fight up high just as good as they could down low.

In aircraft, the Three H's are bad for performance. high, hot and Humid. But the high is only for normally aspirated aircraft. Aircraft with huffers pay no attention to it. LOL!

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
What pulley ratio for 16lbs of boost? 6lb lower and 3.375 " upper?

·
11 second street truck
10,494 Posts
Tuner? Fuel? Timing?

I'd expect faster

·
10 SECOND CLUB!
912 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts