Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to purchase a 6lb pulley, Predator, and getting an Apten port. Any doing anything similar? Wondering what kind've additional mods I'll need for keeping the engine safe, what HP/TQ I should be close to, and a good recommendation on spark plugs.

Thanks!

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
on my red truck I had the exact same mods. Except for the Apten port. and even drove it during the winter, with no problems. More than likely I would go with a set of Denso IT-22s and a tune from either [email protected], [email protected], or [email protected]

As far as for numbers I never got on a dyno after the mods, but I can tell you I could spin the tires a lil at a 50mph roll WOT. And thats on Nitto Drag Radials

If you want I'm also possibly going to be selling my Metco Interchangable 6# pulley...should know for sure within a week or 2 I think.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I run 6lbs and a Ported Eaton myself, well over 2 years now, closer to 3.
I do however usually take the upper off for the extreme winter temps,
(and only run 4lbs)

With plugs 2 ranges cooler (I run the Denso IT-22's) and a nice rich tune, these days that set-up is considered very strong, well into the 400/500 club, well into the 12's, and still be considered safe if you dont floor it 24/7, and you have a good safe tune.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, I don't floor it 24/7. Well, not really... Just as much as the average L owner that loves hearing that supercharger screaming. Glad to hear this... Seems every post I read about how the 4lb'er is so much safer, the 6lb'er creates too much heat for a stock bottom end. Was a little concerned.

Thanks for the offer, Blown5Pnt4, I've already got the order made, just cutting the check for it Monday.

Thanks for the info on the plugs... My eyes tend to glaze over when I start hearing all the acronyms thrown around, talk about cold ranges, gapping... I get the same look on my face I used to get during math class.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
4# lower w/ported blower stock upper

My L is a daily driver so im staying with a 4# lower and ported blower. I have the following that makes up for the 6# lower and 2.8 upper. I know she has a 12 sec. in the beast.
PSP 4# Lower
PSP Flip Chip
JLP Ram Air
95 MAF
C&L Inlet
Accufab TB
LFP Ported Blower
Pace Setter Shorties
JDM Silver Bullet
Greg Evens FTVB
2400 Stall Converter
4:10'S
Lakewood T-Bars
Nitto 295/45/18 Front & Rear
Dyno Tuned By sal from PSP

·
Registered
47 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
I run 6lbs and a Ported Eaton myself, well over 2 years now, closer to 3.
I do however usually take the upper off for the extreme winter temps,
(and only run 4lbs)

With plugs 2 ranges cooler (I run the Denso IT-22's) and a nice rich tune, these days that set-up is considered very strong, well into the 400/500 club, well into the 12's, and still be considered safe if you dont floor it 24/7, and you have a good safe tune.
Agreeed, with cold plugs, nice rich tune, low 11's you should be fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
With a 6# lower, cai, and Apten port I made 428 rwhp and just over 500 rwtq.

Jody

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am running 6#'s without the ported charger on a johnny lightning tune and im running a little clder plug dento tr66

1 - 10 of 10 Posts