Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
A 4lb with a quality tube, tr6 speak plugs and you'll be golden.

A 6lb lower requires a new mass air meter

A 4lb will make 375-390 and 6lb will make 400ish bit more torque. Beyond the 6lb the Eaton is making more heat than power.

These trucks tend to make ~350 to the tires stock. They can handle 450ish with. Supporting modifications.

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
What is this "data log" you keep referring to? Never mind, I really don't want to know.
Logging the data.

For anyone who actually wants to understand what the truck is doing, a datalog is when you use sct software to monitor in real time what the truck is doing. When doing remote tuning a datalog is everything. It's how the tuner can read and update what's going on.

And pegging a stock maf will cause the ecu to revert to failed maf tables and that will not end well.

·
10 second street truck
12,799 Posts
I have had a 6# lower and lightning upper for about 15 years and over 100k miles with stock maf...no issues. Just get a good tune and change heat range and gap on spark plugs...no issues
A good tune won't save you when you run on a cool night and max out that maf.

Jesus people a maf is $250 to take one more step to ensure your motor is safe.

Many people have run that combo and the engine lived. Many have popped. I almost maxed out the maf on my 04 on a 4lb lower(4.85v) at the top of drive on a datalog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts