Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across a complete motor and trans out of an 03 w/31K on it. Guy has had it for about 9yrs just sitting in his garage. He says he goes out and turns it over every few months. I really have no use for it, but just wondering what these even go for and would it be worth my time to mess with. I would most likely just sell it all anyway if I did pick it up.

Attachments

·
Grilling tonight.
4,226 Posts
Looks pretty complete, impossible to verify mileage or to hear it run, $3k seems fair to me for everything the way it sits.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Not sure where u live but somebody here in Texas posted a complete lightning engine for $700. Can't remember what they said the mileage was but they said it was running fine when pulled. Good deal if u r really looking for another engine to play with

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks pretty complete, impossible to verify mileage or to hear it run, $3k seems fair to me for everything the way it sits.
That's what worries me is no telling the true mileage and no way of hearing it run. Plus sitting for that long kinda worries me too about surface rust on parts.

Not sure where u live but somebody here in Texas posted a complete lightning engine for $700. Can't remember what they said the mileage was but they said it was running fine when pulled. Good deal if u r really looking for another engine to play with
I'm in Colorado. I did see someone selling a complete motor for $700 when I did a search, but then seen he was trying to part it out. Not sure if he sold everything or not. If I was looking for another block I would jump on it, but as of right now I'm not really looking to do another motor. Lol I was just trying to see what complete motors go for.

·
Flyin HI
31,040 Posts
I'm looking for a complete setup like that for a project in TX, but like wastedrubber said, $3kish is about right.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,279 Posts
Im pretty sure there is a way to start it the way it is, i know ive seen it done somewhere....

·
BANNED
1,661 Posts
Well look at who's still around. How things been man?

Yeah he's in Ft. Lupton.
Haha doin good man. How about you? I saw Rob Williams moved a lil closer to ya. You ever end up getting all your junk straightened out with the new setup?

If it runs, I may be interested. Wife's truck could use a swap ;)

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha doin good man. How about you? I saw Rob Williams moved a lil closer to ya. You ever end up getting all your junk straightened out with the new setup?

If it runs, I may be interested. Wife's truck could use a swap ;)

PM me your cell #.

He did? I heard he "closed" his shop and was working somewhere else. I ended up redoing everything again and moved the turbo to the pass side. Bought a new turbo for it also. Put a couple new pics in the turbo build section.

Well I talked to the guy again last night and he does have the complete wiring harness just no ECU. He said he has a pic of the odometer to show mileage. I think the only way I'd get this thing is if I can unload fast. I don't wanna sit on it. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts