Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F150
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a set of OBX LT's and mid's and am trying to confirm the purpose/intent behind each of the fitted bungs. I've put together a list below of what I believe to be correct but would appreciate it anyone could confirm if it seems accurate or educate me if I've got some things wrong here. TIA.

1. EGR - feel like this ones pretty obvious
  2. Wideband oxygen sensor or plug? - Based on the angle and location I feel like it's meant for a Wideband sensor or if not using one then just plug but want to confirm.
  3. Upstream oxygen sensor? - If this isn't where the upstream O2 sensor goes then I'd assume it would go in bung #2 and then this would just get a plug?
  4. Downstream oxygen sensor or plug? - If this isn't where the downstream O2 sensor goes then I'd assume it goes in bung #5 and this would get a plug?
  5. Plug? - Genuinely confused about what this ones for so any insight is appreciated
  6. Wideband oxygen sensor or plug? - Again, based on the angle I feel like it's meant for a Wideband sensor or just plug but want to confirm. Also, I've read that if running a wideband sensor there's little benefit in running two (one in each bank) for most "street trucks" with mild mods/tune (which mine is) and that when running a single sensor it's most common for it to be installed on the drivers side (Bank 2); does that sound accurate?
  7. Upstream oxygen sensor or plug? - If this isn't where the upstream O2 sensor goes then I'd assume it would go in bung #6 and then this would just get a plug?
  8. Downstream oxygen sensor or plug? - If this isn't where the downstream O2 sensor goes then I'd assume it goes in bung #9 and this would get a plug?
  9. Plug? - Genuinely confused about what this ones for so any insight is appreciated

·
11 second street truck
10,815 Posts
I think there are multiple just due to wiring differences.

2/6 are where I'd put my upstream

3/7 are where I'd put widebands

5/9 are where I'd put the downstream if you run cats. If you don't, just plug the rest.

Reactions: DSG_HD

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F150
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think there are multiple just due to wiring differences.

2/6 are where I'd put my upstream

3/7 are where I'd put widebands

5/9 are where I'd put the downstream if you run cats. If you don't, just plug the rest.
Appreciate the reply and suggestion Dusten. After posting I was doing some more research/reading and I found quite a few articles, manuals & posts that seem to echo what you suggested; particularly to mount the wideband far enough away from the exhaust ports (~18-36 inches depending on application and NA vs FI) but before the catalytic converters (if running any) while maintaining at least 36” before the exhaust exit if/when possible. Seeing as these bungs are already in position I think your suggestion pretty much nailed it so thank you 👍

·
Registered
341 Posts
do mine next lol
What’s what?!
I had them delete my EGR
I asked for 2 bungles for dual wideband
But idk what’s what hahaha

Attachments

·
11 second street truck
10,815 Posts
1/2 upstream
3 wideband
4/5 downstream

You're missing a bung if you wanted dual widebands. I mean you can run 1 in 4 if you want.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
11 second street truck
10,815 Posts
That's the same exhaust I have. But my wideband and o2 are in the header on opposite sides.

·
11 second street truck
10,815 Posts
Here are my arh headers setup for dual widebands.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts