Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to drive my truck on the dyno next friday and want some good tips for the best sample.

So whats the best way do drive this sucker on a dynojet dyno.... O/D off and what MPH do you guys kick down?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,765 Posts
you locking the converter in third or a second gear pull???

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,767 Posts
I wanna say whenever I was in the seat that it was around 3200rpm in third...
I didn't really know what the fack I was doing though, lol.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Hopefully you're not going across from Carowinds...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Drive to the dyno early, let the truck cool off with the hood open and a fan on the engine for hours, make sure your tire pressure is maxed out, bring the engine up to about 160* on the dyno and hit it at a high enough speed in third to not kick down (about 70 mph for mos L's. Unfortunately this means you graph will start just below 3000 RPM. A custom dyno shift schedule can be loaded into your tune so the truck will not downshift and you can start your pull lower though. and you will see more of your powerband loke this:

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,767 Posts
sumbitch...maybe I DID know what I was talking about. As I said, was just going off memory from a year ago and believed 3200 was about right. I had no way of locking it in third as I just drove on at a car chow and did a pull.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Pump your tires up as well. Something most Dyno guys have always told me to do if you want a few more ponies to show up on the graph.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
I've also heard that running OEM rims as opposed to 20's or 22's might make a difference but that's probably diameter & load? We just did my tune a week ago and I let Paul (Total Induction) do everything and I just watched. He's watching his laptop the a/f gauge and listening then analyzing before changing parameters to get the a/f at around 11.7 in a straight line throughout the pulls.

Mike

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man i had to track down this thread....

unfortunately no tuning involved and I have to drive it to run it. Will get a baseline and two pulls and I can change my tune If I want. I'll be running 100 octane so I can load up my race tune after my baseline on 16* aggressive street tune.
I'm hoping I can just lower/ or raise my shift pattern in my diablosport to just basicly keep it from shifting. I think im going to just leave that alone and see where she likes to shift and get my runs in above 3200 like some of you guys were saying.

hoping for about 450/550 on the race tune.... pray to the car gods for good weather to get the humidity down cause it sucks around here lately!

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
od off and get her up to bout 75mph and then you can drop the hammer and not have it down shift

·
Whining azz 'Eaton
608 Posts
Good luck-that roaring whine is addicting!:smt042

·
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol im sure to get some video for sure.... hope I remember to take the damn camera!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Are you going to the NC/SC border?

·
600+club
112 Posts
whats wrong with the shop on the nc.sc border ???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.