Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Lightning
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

The stock exhaust tips on my '03 were painted black by a previous owner. They are also a bit rusty in places. I want to pull them and have them powder coated. I undid the clamps where the tips connect to the pipe from the muffler, but they are really on there. Are the tips designed to come off where they meet the pipe or will I need to have them cut off?

Thanks!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,792 Posts
Hi everybody,

The stock exhaust tips on my '03 were painted black by a previous owner. They are also a bit rusty in places. I want to pull them and have them powder coated. I undid the clamps where the tips connect to the pipe from the muffler, but they are really on there. Are the tips designed to come off where they meet the pipe or will I need to have them cut off?

Thanks!
I don’t know anyone who’s successfully got them off

·
Registered
2018 GT350
16 Posts
I also haven't seen them come off with ease, they are ON there once clamped.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the tips ceramic coated ~$80. It wasn’t much effort to remove, it’s not my daily so I could roll under it every other day and load it up with more PB Blaster and wait.
If that wouldn’t have worked and as noted by XBMX I would have cut them off and put new tips on, old exhaust can test your patience.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts