Lightning Rodder banner

Question About Stock Exhaust Tips

975 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  White SVT Lightning
Hi everybody,

The stock exhaust tips on my '03 were painted black by a previous owner. They are also a bit rusty in places. I want to pull them and have them powder coated. I undid the clamps where the tips connect to the pipe from the muffler, but they are really on there. Are the tips designed to come off where they meet the pipe or will I need to have them cut off?

Thanks!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Hi everybody,

The stock exhaust tips on my '03 were painted black by a previous owner. They are also a bit rusty in places. I want to pull them and have them powder coated. I undid the clamps where the tips connect to the pipe from the muffler, but they are really on there. Are the tips designed to come off where they meet the pipe or will I need to have them cut off?

Thanks!
I don’t know anyone who’s successfully got them off
I also haven't seen them come off with ease, they are ON there once clamped.
I was able to get them off my 02 recently, I used PB Blaster, took about two weeks but finally broke lose.
Automotive lighting Drinkware Tire Automotive design Vehicle
See less See more
Thanks for the replies everyone.

02TBlue, those turned out great - that's exactly what I want to do with mine.
Reactions: 1
I was able to get them off my 02 recently, I used PB Blaster, took about two weeks but finally broke lose.
View attachment 549360
What was the process to get them to look like that?
Considering the time and efforts needed its much simpler to cut off and replace with new tips of your choice, there are so many available
I had the tips ceramic coated ~$80. It wasn’t much effort to remove, it’s not my daily so I could roll under it every other day and load it up with more PB Blaster and wait.
If that wouldn’t have worked and as noted by XBMX I would have cut them off and put new tips on, old exhaust can test your patience.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: 2
I had the tips ceramic coated ~$80. It wasn’t much effort to remove, it’s not my daily so I could roll under it every other day and load it up with more PB Blaster and wait.
If that wouldn’t have worked and as noted by XBMX I would have cut them off and put new tips on, old exhaust can test your patience.
Is there a source for stock exhaust tips? If not what can I use for a replacement? Have the stock muffler.
Any good muffler local shop can get what you want.

If you plan to do traction bars and/or lower the truck, do that before going get it done so they can make sure the pipes after the muffler clear the passenger bar.
unscrew the clamps 2 clamps 4 screws and little by little PB blast it up and they come right off
sandblasted them
then powder coated them black
I have the white truck with everything black style

Attachments

See less See more
Does anyone have used stock exhaust tips for sale?

Thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts