Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have never understood the specifics of supershargers. So how does the boost work? I had a friend tell me that if i put upper and lower pullys that i will have a problem with the truck breaking down. Is that true? What is the best way to get the truck into the 11s? What mods? Thanks for any help. I am also going to put nitrous into my truck. Should i use a dry or wet shot? I am going to put a 75shot into it or 100 if it is safe.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Okay before I go off on a tare I need to know some information.

What year is your L?
What kind of budget do you have?
What are your goals? i.e. only strip or road race and is it still going to be driven on the street.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
A very appropriate name Voidedwarrenties  :LOL

WELCOME TO LR  [smilie=wavey.gif]

Tell us a little about your L so we know where to start
but here's the quick story on it

#1 """NEVER""" use a dry system on a Supercharged vehicle (I don't care what anyone tells you)

#2 a stock L has @ 8-9 lbs of boost (boost is your friend, you want plenty more)  :smt118

A larger lower pulley (or smaller top pulley) will spin the supercharger more, "hence making more boost"

I ran a 4lb lower + 2lb upper, + cool air induction + a ported eaton (easy 15lbs-17lbs of boost)

Now I have my motor being redone (built motor by PSP), going to use a Magnum Powers Supercharger, and a 6 or 8 lower and a 3 upper, CAN YOU SAY MAJOR BOOST

As for Nitrous, running a lot of boost and a lot of Nitrous is pushing the factory motor, but for the record I ran filter chip 4lb pulley and 75 HP of Wet Nitrous and later as much as 6lbs of pulley and 100HP of Nitrous, got plenty of 11's under the belt with that set up.

Now things are a little diff for me and I have a new quest :D

If you are going to do both, go with a 4lb lower pulley, get a GOOD CHIP AND TUNE, from a "LIGHTNING TUNER" (our vendors here can hook you up, PSP/Woodbine/SFPH)
then max n20 I would run is 50 HP or maybe 75 HP, w/75 you will have what you need to run 11's

Pick your parts tuner and nitrous system CAREFULLY
BTW, you can also buy the Worlds Best Nitrous System from our vendor Race Tested.
Everything you need is right here @ LR.Com, but ask questions, learn all about it, and make your choices wisely BEFORE taking the plunge

WELCOME............ :cheers:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Rob is pretty much right on..

Personally, I'm not convinced that a wet system on a gen 2 is the best. I'm not saying it isn't or is.  Just that I'm not convinced yet.

Also,  IMO high 11s *IS* the limit for a stock motor **and** expecting it to live a reasonable amount of miles.  Say 100k 
I'm in the mid 12s w/o nitrous (yet). You can see my truck and mods to date HERE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts