Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I'm selling a Harley f150 crew. The truck has no modifications at all. Stock airbox all the way to the stock exhaust tips. Anyhow I caught a lot of heat from one guy saying I was lying about not having mods because a few Stickers are gone under the hood and the step bars are gone. I still consider the truck bone stock. Am I right or am I wrong

·
Administrator
18,571 Posts
Removing the bars would preclude calling it "bone stock" in my eyes. Worn/removed stickers? Not unless calling it "pristene", "show winning", "concourse" or the like. Just normal wear and tear for a truck over a decade old.

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough! The term I used was "no mods" and I got called a liar and everything else under the sun because of the missing bars and Stickers...

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Lol everyone thinks they are an expert

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
some people,including myself,are gonna nit-pic every little thing they can find and point out to you as a way to try to get you to lower your asking price,nothing more,nothing less.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts
Ok guys, I'm selling a Harley f150 crew. The truck has no modifications at all. Stock airbox all the way to the stock exhaust tips. Anyhow I caught a lot of heat from one guy saying I was lying about not having mods because a few Stickers are gone under the hood and the step bars are gone. I still consider the truck bone stock. Am I right or am I wrong
Fair enough! The term I used was "no mods" and I got called a liar and everything else under the sun because of the missing bars and Stickers...
When you are listing for sale be completely honest. Also post several pics of exterior, interior, chassis, and engine bay. If someone is interested they ask for more pics as well.

Do you have the truck posted for sale on here or somewhere else?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,655 Posts
#1 it's not even your truck

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,655 Posts
#2 that's not the term you used

Attachments

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,655 Posts

·
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!
909 Posts
Still bone stock to me means there are no "improvement" modifications. No stereo upgrade, no body kit, noperfomance modifications.....

Are you gonna be pissed if its missing the spare tire when he says its bone stock?

To accuse someone of lying over what appears to be a miss communication isn't nice. At this point in time it does not appear the accused was intentionally misleading, more so a miss communication, but I will allow both sides to continue to plead thier case to the LR Jury. (judge judy music plays).

Did the seller (S) present photos before potential buyer (PB) traveled to meeting point?
Where pics requested by PB? Where they provided? Was it timely?
How far did each party travel?

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,675 Posts
holy cow we're really arguing over semantics of "bone stock" on trucks that are 10-15 years old and it's only over some missing stickers under the hood and no nurf bars? I bet the battery isn't OEM and the tires are replaced with non goodyear eagle gtii's also, lets beat someone up over that lol.

Going to pebble beach for a car show, yeah it's not *bone* stock
Selling the 12-15 year old truck, yeah it's stock, not perfect, but no mods, it's stock enough to call bone stock

people need another hobby

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it that way. I figured if I put a truck up for sale and said "some mods" and then when someone asks about it, I say ya it's got the Sticker delete mod and nerf bar delete mod, the guy would think I was retarded. For whichever reason the bars are gone, and the stickers, well shit I guess they wore off from age so that's a natural mod you could say, but I didn't say who the guy was who whined, but I guess he decided to argue about it here and let it be known

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
holy cow we're really arguing over semantics of "bone stock" on trucks that are 10-15 years old and it's only over some missing stickers under the hood and no nurf bars? I bet the battery isn't OEM and the tires are replaced with non goodyear eagle gtii's also, lets beat someone up over that lol.

Going to pebble beach for a car show, yeah it's not *bone* stock
Selling the 12-15 year old truck, yeah it's stock, not perfect, but no mods, it's stock enough to call bone stock

people need another hobby
Ha ya when I told him that I guess a truck is modded if you changed the tires, that was the last straw and he banned me..

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still bone stock to me means there are no "improvement" modifications. No stereo upgrade, no body kit, noperfomance modifications.....

Are you gonna be pissed if its missing the spare tire when he says its bone stock?

To accuse someone of lying over what appears to be a miss communication isn't nice. At this point in time it does not appear the accused was intentionally misleading, more so a miss communication, but I will allow both sides to continue to plead thier case to the LR Jury. (judge judy music plays).

Did the seller (S) present photos before potential buyer (PB) traveled to meeting point?
Where pics requested by PB? Where they provided? Was it timely?
How far did each party travel?
It was just a post on a Facebook lightning/Harley site. I posted about 10 or so pictures of the truck, exterior, interior, engine, and so on. I wasn't done loading pictures when all this went on

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,655 Posts
Ha ya when I told him that I guess a truck is modded if you changed the tires, that was the last straw and he banned me..
not so much, but again like your friends "bone stock" "not modded" truck, what you are saying and what you mean / what happened are two totally different things - and since you aren't honest, probably cannot be as it goes against your personality

·
one part at a time
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dude I'm over it. You are a strange cat indeed. But next time try talking to the person first before trying to blast them as a liar and dishonest person because you have a twisted reality on what modifications mean to you vs what all the other people in the world perceive them as.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,655 Posts
but you admit they are modifications

but they don't count?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts