Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Got BOOST?
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal. After searching long and hard about what kinda car I want, I decided another fox. For the simple reasons cheap, lots of parts and lots of expertise. Now I've decided the platform what engine? Well I looked at 302 and 351 motors and Iv'e decided a 302 based engine can go along way in such a light car. So Im leaning towards a 331 or 347, My question is has anyone ever built a kick ass motor along these lines in the 450+ or close range. And which is the way to go EFI or Carb'd. Any help and build spec's is greatly appreciated.

·
Got BOOST?
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is very true but I was wanting a turbo slapped on it

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I think the 302 will spool up faster. 450 rwhp is not an issue with a small turbo as far as i know.

·
Got BOOST?
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was think maybe the hellion kit on a 331 stroker I want a nasty street/strip awithout having to spend an arm and a leg

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
351 based 427

or get you a crate new 5.0 from ford racing would be kick ass

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Which block you start out with will have a lot to do with the longevity of the engine...Either Boss 302 or Boss 351 would be the ticket.

·
Got BOOST?
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea im gunna buy the car first just gettin opions on motors and builds now

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
you have alot and i mean ALOT of parts you can throw at a 302 so not a bad platform to start with and upgrade a few years down the road man so...... either way the fox is going to be a cool little project..... you can go so many ways with it.

personally i would kill to build about an 83-85 4 eye gt and find an 03-04 cobra thats been wrecked to swap everything into it.

·
Got BOOST?
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want another 86 gt 4 eyed but I found a few built procharged cars on craigslist still looking though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts