Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the PRP tuning software a while ago and it was held up due to the switch from the Raptor to the Xcal 2. My order was placed on hold until the Xcal 2 release which is understandable. Last week I figured I could just play with the PRP software to become familiar with it and build some tunes (I have an older datalogger and flasher) so I called up Guy at SCT and told him to ship the software and manual I ordered now and the Xcal 2 when it releases. Hadn't seen or heard anything this week so I gave Guy a buzz. He was talking in circles so I hung up not knowing anything except that no product was shipped and to call back next week??? Took me a second to digest that and say to myself "I have no clue what he just told me". Called back with simple yes or no questions. Here is what I had to dig out of him.
The Xcal 2 released yesterday.
The PRP tuning software will not communicate with the Xcal 2 so they are updating it, hence why mine wasn't shipped. People who currently have the PRP software will have to update theirs in order to use a Xcal 2.
He would not send me an Xcal 2 seperately because you have to have PRP software to use it??? I call B.S.

Basically I found out that they either a) have no clue or b) have problems but don't want to tell customers.

Enough of the ranting, I guess my question is does anyone have or know any info on the above products?
Obviously SCT isn't willing to share.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guess I'm glad I got mine last year and missed all the drama. Of course I paid $450 more than you guys are too. I do know that there are some Raptors available at SCT for those who have or want to use the 9100 series or XCal1 versions. I was also told that they will NOT be making the Raptors separately so if you want one better jump on it.

The system is awesome and worth every penny, but the way they've handled this changeover has left a bit to be desired.

Jody

·
Registered
2 Posts
:smt011

If that true about it not communicating with the XCal2, someone ought to be fired. How can you make it through to production and then discover that "oops, it doesn't talk to the software we sell?" :D

I have no choice but to wait, but what makes me :smt013 is that I've emailed the company I bought it from twice now simply asking for an update on when it might ship, is it on-hold, etc. and I've gotten ZERO response. I guess they feel like if they ignore my emails maybe I'll hold on until SCT pulls off a miracle and get's the PRP/XCal2 released. I'll be calling them on Monday.

I can datalog with my laptop and autotap as well as with my Innovate stuff. I don't REQUIRE the XCal2 but it would be nice. Now, I will need something to flash the PCM, though. What earlier flasher's will the PRP work with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as I know, and excluding the Xcal2, the PRP software will work with a chip burner and the SCT9100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts