Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took our built truck out to track yesterday to run in a street truck shootout. Had to be full interior on pump fuel (were on pump e85). Sitting right at 4700lbs with me in it and about 1400 DA so not bad for around here. 3.2 kenne bell with a 100 shot from the house. Was racing a really fast 2018 coyote truck with a 2.9 whipple. Really just came down to me cutting a good light. Big shout out to the coyote owner Bobby Webb. Super nice guy and extremely fast truck!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: decipha

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Nice light, nice 60 and hell of a 1/8 mile. That's a mid 9 sec pass all day. Here is a very similar timeslip first half numbers very close to yours so you can see what your 1/4 mile would be. Not sure how your nitrous is set up but you probably would have better then 9.58!!
Record pass 9.58.jpg

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we figured it would be a mid 9 pass maybe. Had to cut that light as that coyote truck is very very fast. We won it at the lights. He ran a little faster than us I believe.

·
local painter
3,151 Posts
Congrats on the new PB :bigtu 👍🏻

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,305 Posts
Man that thing is hauling the mail. Congrats.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man that thing is hauling the mail. Congrats.
Thank you. We had to give it all it had against our competition.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Wonder if this video will attach. Taken from the other truck. Cool view of the race.

Reactions: 1qwk67 and s|ck

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First video but I put on youtube.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good runs man, that truck was moving out for sure and I knew when you launched and chopped the tree I wasn’t coming back.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Definitely a good match up. Your truck is scary fast with not so much done to it either. Just good weather away from 5's!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can thank spyder1337 for the best video. Definitely gonna get me a Dragy!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,645 Posts
Nice pass man!!! Great 60' too!

Carmelo went 5.9 with my 3.2 KB on his L when he went 9.43, so as Dude said, you're right around that solid mid 9.5 mark. Not too far from the 3.2 record (since bumped to a 9.3x by EricK with ChrisG's truck).....bring it back out and take a swing for the 3.2 record, you're close!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice pass man!!! Great 60' too!

Carmelo went 5.9 with my 3.2 KB on his L when he went 9.43, so as Dude said, you're right around that solid mid 9.5 mark. Not too far from the 3.2 record (since bumped to a 9.3x by EricK with ChrisG's truck).....bring it back out and take a swing for the 3.2 record, you're close!
Wouldn't be any sort of record as we are spraying a 100 shot. We will never be able to run that sort of pass on motor. We are a little over 4700lbs with me in it and we don't get the great DA's around here needed for that type of pass. We do have an easy 140lbs to drop if we want to run an all motor pass though. Can remove passenger seat, take nitrous bottle and nano bottle out, and put in light weight battery. Should be a decent drop in weight. It's possible for the DA to get around 0 here but it is hard to pin that day down. We can add a little bit bigger lower and add some timing too. Even with all that we may be able to squeak out a high 6.2. definitely need the spray to even think about a 5.9x lol.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you guys removing the supercharger to run all motor? ......
Haha I like it.. I can get it off in about 10 minutes lol. Way easier to take off than the whipple was. But correction... All boost pass! We run a 6.41 when gates first opened on our "motor" pass. That is on the nitrous tune I made for the truck for the event. For an all boost tune we can go up in boost some and a few degrees timing if we wanted.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts