Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy one.. wanted to ask those with more experience if there's a best/better choice to go with or should I just shop by price?

- bringing my truck back from the dead .. looking to get the c notch kit and Stiffer's brake line/hose kits and hopefully the X brace for the frame too

truck's old and rusty but runs & drives to well to be throwin' it in the junk pile ..so stickin' with the ride I know

test drove a V6 truck last weekend ... (LOL)
not the same thing by any measure...

·
The abandoner
3,499 Posts
yeah the belltech kit is nice because it comes with plates that sandwich the frame which is good if you only plan to bolt it in. i would still have it welded in though. i had a guy come to my shop and weld in my notch and box in the frame a couple feet on each side for some extra rigidity.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK , cool thanks guys ..
I'm looking at it as a sort of repair for my frame .. my axle has pounded the bottoms of the rails upwards .. one side rather badly .. enough so it has a small crack in it
looking at my frame and the notch kits it appears I can get some extended use outta my truck if I remove the cracked area in the frame .. before it grows to far

I've been thinking of an extra plate to reinforce the opposite side of the frame from the notch kit .. so this sounds like what I need

I doubt I can effectively weld anything .. too much surface rust and crud .. grinding it to much might thin things out more than wise ..

at this point I'm just trying to keep my truck together long enough to find a good southern replacement .. which is probably gonna take some time

and not welding things in would also allow me to transfer the parts to the next truck
- learned my lesson .. notch the frame or wish ya did..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yep .. a little clean up before sandwiching the old frame between two steel plates sounds sound ..

now .. looking for cheap drop shocks..for a truck dropped with coils & hangers

truck simply isn't worth my bilstien/hotchkis drop shocks .. not when they cost 8 hun canadian..so they stay in the boxes in the basement until I find another truck ..later
edit ..
and , just ordered two new rear ground force shocks .. same as in the truck ..

so operation patch it up ..is a go ..lol

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and I'm having an issue with the purchase attempt not going through for my brake line and hoses

I've tried placing the order .. a few times now .. it seems it won't process through pay pal .. sometimes I get a log into bank account message too

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah , after seeing the reinforcing plate they include ..I have a belltech kit paid for and on it way
thanks again to all for pointing it out !!

·
Registered
02 lightning/03 cobruh
62 Posts
Please don't l
Measure twice, cut once.
Yes what CD said, please don't do a hackjob like whoever installed the one this dude wanted me to fix that I posted here. Swiss cheese is a understatement. And idk it looks like the same as the belltech I guess, idk I don't trust that c notch tbh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts