Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
Do you have any better pictures of your bracket and how it is bolted to the radiator? Can't really see much in the one picture you provided.
There isn't anything to show really. It's a piece of one inch x one inch by 1/16 thick aluminum angle bought from Ace. Cut six inches long. Two holes drilled in it to bolt to the shroud, two holes drilled in it to bolt reservoir to it. Without taking it all apart, hard to get a pic showing much if any detail. I'll look at it later and see if it's possible without taking it apart. But really, not rocket science.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Anyone that has done a power steering reservoir relocation have any pictures? Most of the posts that come up in a search the pictures no longer work. I seen one where someone mentioned a bracket that bolts to the front of the engine? And another that uses a 05+ mustang reservoir that bolts somewhere. Looking for ideas, as I will no longer be able to use my bracket that was supplied with the whipple.
I used the +05 mustang res and part of the original bracket ( with the single mount hole for res and two more mounting holes) and mounted to the inner fender shelf, kinda under the intake elbow, near the chassis harness connectors...I think I used one of the hole where the stock air box went...tucks it nicely and is still easily accessible....sorry no pics..trucks under a full remodel lol..

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts

·
11,545 Posts
Obviously there is a lot of choices as to where to mount the reservoir. Mine works for me. I got lucky though. I had the fan shroud off and mounted the angle to it without any thought as to interference with anything else. The plug for the MAF just barely clears it.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I ordered the JBlot kit over the weekend. Had it here Wednesday and installed yesterday. Nice kit, will need to try and clean up the hoses next spring though. The return line has a pretty sharp bend. Why ford went from hard line on the cooler, to soft line,back to hard line,back to soft line is beyond my wildest imagination. And my feed hose does contact the lower radiator hose ever so slightly.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I ordered the JBlotz kit over the weekend. Had it here Wednesday and installed yesterday. Nice kit, will need to try and clean up the hoses next spring though. The return line has a pretty sharp bend. Why ford went from hard line on the cooler, to soft line,back to hard line,back to soft line is beyond my wildest imagination. And my feed hose does contact the lower radiator hose ever so slightly.
I deleted the entire oem return line and replaced it with 17” of 3/8” transmission cooler hose. Timothy White (Hose Hustler) on Facebook sells a 2 hose kit that works perfect with my setup. I’m not sure where he found the feed hose to the pump, but it’s molded and goes around the coolant hose perfectly.

·
11,545 Posts
I deleted the entire oem return line and replaced it with 17” of 3/8” transmission cooler hose. Timothy White (Hose Hustler) on Facebook sells a 2 hose kit that works perfect with my setup. I’m not sure where he found the feed hose to the pump, but it’s molded and goes around the coolant hose perfectly.
Timothy White is SVTTim here. Anyone that needs it, I have his phone number.

Reactions: SVTim79

·
Registered
453 Posts
I figure the top portion should mount easily enough ..dono about the bottom half but there should be something I can work with even if I need to make a lower support strap .. I can probably hack something out of the rest of the bracket if need be

·
11,545 Posts
I thought the 4.6 and the 5.4 were the same physically, just a larger bore. Shouldn't that bracket bolt right on?

·
Registered
453 Posts
hope so
I'll report back if I find one
I can't justify ebay and postage when my wreckers is seven minutes away and it's a $5 part..
or ripping my truck apart before the scrap yard test fit ..when I figure out how much extra power steering hose I might need too

·
11,545 Posts
None is likely. I mean, I put mine on the radiator shroud, Didn't even need to disconnect the hoses.

·
Registered
453 Posts
^ That's why I figured I'd need to mod the lower part of the bracket - it's simply not likely to reach the lower attachment points

the taller deck height is why the 4.6 manifolds don't fit ,being to narrow ..tall deck moves heads up and further apart from one another

it like ,.. v versus V

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anyone that has done a power steering reservoir relocation have any pictures? Most of the posts that come up in a search the pictures no longer work. I seen one where someone mentioned a bracket that bolts to the front of the engine? And another that uses a 05+ mustang reservoir that bolts somewhere. Looking for ideas, as I will no longer be able to use my bracket that was supplied with the whipple.
I fabricated a bracket to attach it to the vacumn booster.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Hood Automotive design

21 - 38 of 38 Posts