Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has done a power steering reservoir relocation have any pictures? Most of the posts that come up in a search the pictures no longer work. I seen one where someone mentioned a bracket that bolts to the front of the engine? And another that uses a 05+ mustang reservoir that bolts somewhere. Looking for ideas, as I will no longer be able to use my bracket that was supplied with the whipple.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Anyone that has done a power steering reservoir relocation have any pictures? Most of the posts that come up in a search the pictures no longer work. I seen one where someone mentioned a bracket that bolts to the front of the engine? And another that uses a 05+ mustang reservoir that bolts somewhere. Looking for ideas, as I will no longer be able to use my bracket that was supplied with the whipple.
I make a bracket that moves it to the front of the timing cover.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I’ve been looking into this myself. Not for a whipple but just to relocate for better looks. I’m thinking about making an L bracket that will bolt onto the air breather deck. I saw one with the 05 mustang reservoir that’s was mounted like that but I think I can mount the stock the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I’ve been looking into this myself. Not for a whipple but just to relocate for better looks. I’m thinking about making an L bracket that will bolt onto the air breather deck. I saw one with the 05 mustang reservoir that’s was mounted like that but I think I can mount the stock the same way.

If you want one, let me know. They are $75 shipped, powdercoated, and hardware included.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
I just bought some one X one angle stock aluminum from Ace and cut a six inch piece that bolts to the radiator shroud. Have to remove the fan to be able to put the nuts on the inside, which isn't that difficult to do. And no cutting or new hoses needed. Just remove it from it's stock location, rotate it 90 degrees ccw and bolt it to the angle on the shroud.

Any which way you do it, you get to remove about eight pounds of brackets off the top and driver's side of the engine after you're done.

Take fan off? Put a big adjustable wrench on the nut, and whack it with a big mallet towards the passenger side. Keep at it, and it'll loosen and come right off. I then loosened the two bolts that hold the shroud on and took both the fan and the shroud off at the same time. Bolted the bracket to the shroud and put it all back together again.

Jblot's is cool, but I have one or two broken studs on the front of the engine. His set up bolts to those studs. They're not used otherwise, so being broken isn't a thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought some one X one angle stock aluminum from Ace and cut a six inch piece that bolts to the radiator shroud. Have to remove the fan to be able to put the nuts on the inside, which isn't that difficult to do. And no cutting or new hoses needed. Just remove it from it's stock location, rotate it 90 degrees ccw and bolt it to the angle on the shroud.
Wish it were that easy. I have 2010+ f150 efans (aka raptor fans). It would be no easy task to get the reservoir to bolt up to them. I havent had the factory bracket installed since I removed the eaton 7 or 8 years ago.

·
Registered
2002 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition
351 Posts

Any which way you do it, you get to remove about eight pounds of brackets off the top and driver's side of the engine after you're done.

Take fan off? Put a big adjustable wrench on the nut, and whack it with a big mallet towards the passenger side. Keep at it, and it'll loosen and come right off. I then loosened the two bolts that hold the shroud on and took both the fan and the shroud off at the same time. Bolted the bracket to the shroud and put it all back together again.

Jblot's is cool, but I have one or two broken studs on the front of the engine. His set up bolts to those studs. They're not used otherwise, so being broken isn't a thing.
Definitely looks much cleaner.

·
Dude
2,372 Posts
I put mine on the radiator shroud as well with a peice of 1in aluminum L-metal about 6in long one of the easiest mods I have done you dont even have to disconnect anything. Just put the bracket on and turn it 45 degrees bolt on. Makes plug changes a lot easier on the drivers side too. You cant even really see it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
11,545 Posts
I put mine on the radiator shroud as well with a peice of 1in aluminum L-metal about 6in long one of the easiest mods I have done you dont even have to disconnect anything. Just put the bracket on and turn it 45 degrees bolt on. Makes plug changes a lot easier on the drivers side too. You cant even really see it anymore.

I thought it was more like 90 degrees. But I could be wrong on that. In any event, yes, easy and plug changes are easier. And it's much cleaner looking.

·
11,545 Posts
Wish it were that easy. I have 2010+ f150 efans (aka raptor fans). It would be no easy task to get the reservoir to bolt up to them. I havent had the factory bracket installed since I removed the eaton 7 or 8 years ago.
So it's just kind of "hanging around"? ;-)

·
Dude
2,372 Posts
You are correct it is 90*. I'm just beat from work today

Reactions: cbxer55

·
11,545 Posts
Works great and very well made. Got mine on today.

Thanks Jonathon.

Did you get all those brackets off the side of the motor?

If you look at my pic in post 8, you'll see I made a bracket to stiffen the throttle bracket up. I didn't like how it kind of bent back toward the firewall every time I opened the throttle, due to the absence of the support provided by the reservoir bracket. It may be nothing. I just didn't like it, felt the flexing may take away a small portion of throttle travel. Dusten did something similar on his, for the same reason.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Do you have any better pictures of your bracket and how it is bolted to the radiator? Can't really see much in the one picture you provided.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts