Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,485 Posts
Even though mine is mounted to the shroud, it isn't in a much different location. Mine may be a tad higher up. I was able to use the hoses as supplied, didn't need to shorten them at all. I don't know about everyone else's, but one of mine is attached to a hard line. Wasn't sure it would be long enough. But it reached and both conformed to the new location without fanfare.

·
11,485 Posts
I doubt there's any efan that sticks out that far, that it would hit the reservoir on the front of the block.

·
11,485 Posts
Jblot was on here 5 days ago. So apparently he still checks in. I'd wait and see if he responds to this. Or try and find him on farcebook.

·
11,485 Posts
Here is what the left side looks like with the EGR deleted and the power steering reservoir located to a bracket on the fan shroud. Jblot's set up is better, but I didn't know about that when I did mine. If I were to redo it, I would use his set up. Mine is simply a piece of angle stock aluminum, cut to six inches with four holes in it, painted black and bolted onto the fan shroud.

Moving the reservoir also allows you to remove a bunch of heavy brackets that run down the side of the engine. But, as an aside, the throttle bracket also attaches to those, and I dind't like how much it flexed after removing them. SO I made the piece shown, that attaches to my EGR delete plate, to make the throttle cable bracket rock solid.

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
11,485 Posts
Maybe one day, someone will clock the MAF correctly. ^^^ lol
I've already done that. It's an old picture. Someone told me about it and I set things right. Just too lazy to take another picture. LOL!! That picture was taken after I did the
MP blower swap, clean the IC, delete the EGR, move the power steering reservoir, do all SVT Tim's hoses, do new plugs, COPS and COP screws. I just somehow put it back on incorrectly.
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,297 Posts
I bought this kit but never got around to replacing the piece of sheet metal bracket I made up to mount it to the fan shroud.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here is what the left side looks like with the EGR deleted and the power steering reservoir located to a bracket on the fan shroud. Jblot's set up is better, but I didn't know about that when I did mine. If I were to redo it, I would use his set up. Mine is simply a piece of angle stock aluminum, cut to six inches with four holes in it, painted black and bolted onto the fan shroud.

Moving the reservoir also allows you to remove a bunch of heavy brackets that run down the side of the engine. But, as an aside, the throttle bracket also attaches to those, and I dind't like how much it flexed after removing them. SO I made the piece shown, that attaches to my EGR delete plate, to make the throttle cable bracket rock solid.

View attachment 548283
I like the idea of the throttle cable bracket support. I did notice some flex. I have had my power steering reservoir relocated under the intake for awhile but I literally just rigged up some zip ties to hold it to the coolant reservoir bottom hose. Just trying to clean up the look finally.

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
I like the idea of the throttle cable bracket support. I did notice some flex. I have had my power steering reservoir relocated under the intake for awhile but I literally just rigged up some zip ties to hold it to the coolant reservoir bottom hose. Just trying to clean up the look finally.

I ran a piece of aluminum to the thermostat housing.

·
11,485 Posts
I was thinking that the flex might prevent the throttle from opening fully. By flexing back when the cable pulls, it might not be able to open fully. Just over-thinking on my part.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts