Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering, how can i take the bearings out the case and put back in so i can coat my case, or can i just have it coated and tell them to not bake it to high??

any help welcome:bigtu

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
i would think you would need to make a block off plate for the entire inside of the case or again, rotor contact WILL be a problem atleast on the eaton cases

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
i sure wouldn't, i wouldnt PC anyway, not worth taking the chance of screwing up the bearings, get a good spray gun, it will look just as nice:bigtu
But it won't have the durability...pc is a one time thing...can be good or bad, pretty permanent. Block off plate is a very good idea and is supplied with most large cases that come into the shop. Usually just thin steel templates that bolt on to completely block machined surfaces.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
randomly (and threadjacking) could the case be anodized?

im not even sure how that process works but ive been seeing some badass stuff being done with import valve covers

i think the case looking like it was discolored from high heat would look badass, and be fitting of the eaton...

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
POR-15 it.....tougher than standard paint, but not as tough as PC...and they have numerous colors to choose from

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.