Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,409 Posts
Really love your truck.. except those wheels... you need to get rid of them, I will take them off your hands... Just to help you out. I'll sacrifice and put them on my truck...Lol What kind are those and what size tires are you running?? They really look good!!!!:bigtu
LOL... Custom ordered Foose Nitrous II's 20 X 10 in our bolt pattern. I _DO_ keep flirting with the idea of something "different" after 7 years LOL.

·
Just a Farm Truck
1,411 Posts
It's a good reflection. Just completely covered in pollen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
LOL... Custom ordered Foose Nitrous II's 20 X 10 in our bolt pattern. I _DO_ keep flirting with the idea of something "different" after 7 years LOL.

Those are bad ass... I think your truck would look a lot better with 01/02 chrome 20" replica wheels!!! Oh wait shit I have a set of those, they would look great on your truck LOL:bigtu

·
Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Truthfully, it is rare I need to use a wool pad. They have an "immense cut" that I try to stay away from if at all possible.

Yes, Wool, Surbuf, purple Kompressor etc. can all cut through the clear coat with a DA and an aggressive compound.

On a repaint they may be good but I have not tried that particular pad. I have used the Carpro Denim and Velvet discs.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Truthfully, it is rare I need to use a wool pad. They have an "immense cut" that I try to stay away from if at all possible.

Yes, Wool, Surbuf, purple Kompressor etc. can all cut through the clear coat with a DA and an aggressive compound.

On a repaint they may be good but I have not tried that particular pad. I have used the Carpro Denim and Velvet discs.
Merlin: I was specifically referring to this comparison test on the AutopiaForums site:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums...rcare-com/43194-da-cutting-pad-show-down.html.

Simply put, this pad simply rocks. It removed over 99% of the defects half way through the first polishing cycle (by which time the abrasives were spent) and removed the remains of the deeper scratches later. I did dry out the polish slightly, requiring just a touch more effort to remove then the most of the pads in this test.

These LC thin wool pads look like a great product and Next time I order, gonna get me some.

I see you have a post on this thread, so you must have seen it already.

Jim

·
Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I see you have a post on this thread, so you must have seen it already.

Jim
If you're referring to the Megs 5" microfiber cutting discs. I really like 'em. I use 'em with D300 and M101.
I follow that with M205 if needed and Carpro Reflect on a blue or gold 5.5" LC pad to add clarity & gloss.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If you're referring to the Megs 5" microfiber cutting discs. I really like 'em. I use 'em with D300 and M101.
I follow that with M205 if needed and Carpro Reflect on a blue or gold 5.5" LC pad to add clarity & gloss.
No, I was referring to the Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Thin Wool Pad. I think it is radically different that std wool pads (if you read the description of it and the results).

Jim

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Merlin I figured it out! There is my truck,
And I plan to make it X10000000 times wetter and more pop then before from all your help

·
Registered
72 Posts
Haven't really got many of my truck yet since I only recently bought it but heres two from my charger.

One of the L post paint correction.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,235 Posts
Older shot

Attachments

·
around these parts
1,152 Posts
Inside my shop. No sunlight to help...

Scott