Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
WOW!!! Always love seeing posts of your work. Wish I had the know how/patience to get mine that clean. Maybe once I get my engine back in.

·
Just a Farm Truck
1,411 Posts
Wow I was going to post those same pictures. ahahahaha

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,409 Posts
Well... I can't come close to Merlin, but I _HAVE_ tried LOL!

No... thats not me walking by LOL.

This spring I intend to clay bar the bitch again (didn't do it in 2013) and actually follow Merlin's guidelines as best I can with my as yet unused DA buffer LOL. You guys made a joke of me getting that thing and I still haven't plugged it in once LOL. Mike told me to get some different size pads IIRC and I need to do that. Need some new pix with the Speedstur and Harwood too.

Mike

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,235 Posts

·
Slevin
991 Posts

·
Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This spring I intend to clay bar the bitch again (didn't do it in 2013) and actually follow Merlin's guidelines as best I can with my as yet unused DA buffer LOL. You guys made a joke of me getting that thing and I still haven't plugged it in once LOL. Mike told me to get some different size pads IIRC and I need to do that. Need some new pix with the Speedstur and Harwood too.

Mike
GREAT Work!!!...I can't wait to see what you can do once you master the DA!

5" backing plate, 5" Megs microfiber cutting discs and some Lake Country 5.5" foam pads should get you started.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
WTH... here's my Expy

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,409 Posts
GREAT Work!!!...I can't wait to see what you can do once you master the DA!

5" backing plate, 5" Megs microfiber cutting discs and some Lake Country 5.5" foam pads should get you started.
Mike...

Here's what you originally told me to get:

Purchase the Meguiars 5" backing plate. (a good one time investment)

Then you can get a "six pack of 5.5" Lake Country 5.5" flat pads.
Your pick - I'd suggest 2) Orange 2) White 1) Black 1) Blue [$35 for all 6]

Should I get this stuff from Amazon or AutoGeek or where? Is that 5" backing plate the hook & loop one? Do they come in the assortment you spec'd or do I just ask for a custom 6-pack?

Might as well get a head start and order this stuff in the dead of Winter so when it does warm up I have it all sitting here.

Mike

·
Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike...

Here's what you originally told me to get:

Purchase the Meguiars 5" backing plate. (a good one time investment)

Then you can get a "six pack of 5.5" Lake Country 5.5" flat pads.
Your pick - I'd suggest 2) Orange 2) White 1) Black 1) Blue [$35 for all 6]
I don't sell anything. I suggest things I have used.
Not wanting to hijack this thread I sent you a PM.

BTW - Nice pic.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts

No... thats not me walking by LOL.

Mike
Really love your truck.. except those wheels... you need to get rid of them, I will take them off your hands... Just to help you out. I'll sacrifice and put them on my truck...Lol What kind are those and what size tires are you running?? They really look good!!!!:bigtu

1 - 20 of 55 Posts