Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,678 Posts
if I wasn't working hard on keeping the green truck a sleeper I'd be all about the polished h/e

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
Billet HE??? Don't know why anyone would try to do that.:smt102

Jim
Even I didn't polish my heat exchanger.

mike is goin more show then go his truck is way to nice considering the entire truck has been repainted due to his to accidents hahahah

and his truck is mint in person .. and i dotn blame him liek he said if he wwants to go faster u buy a lightning ... and i personaly think it would look hot on his truck casue he has no lower grille... so basicly u would see the entire heat exchanger

·
Administrator
18,599 Posts
LOL Ct. I don't think he meant billet... I think he was just saying "Show me your SHINY H/E's"
Title said billet.(it was even spelled right, a rare occurance from the Jersey crew) And I am quite sure nothing like that exists.

That truck sure is pretty, though!:bigtu

LFP, Afco, Fluidyne, Mishimoto. These are what I would look at.

·
Wow really?!
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes sorry jim.. i have no idea what shit is made out of. :) its metal and shiny.. doubted it was chrome. didnt think it was stainless. so i went with alluminum or whatever billet aluminum. whatever the case may be. i want a gigantic obnoxious shiny heat exchanger with shiny nuts and bolts holding the shiny brackets in place :)

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
Well for a part that will get wet when he wash it, he won't be able to dry it. That will ruin the shine and it's hard to get to when it need to be repolished. Do you feel like taking your bumper off or exchanger out every show? I considered it, but for this reason I left it alone. The fins alone would keep me away from it.

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
Well for a part that will get wet when he wash it, he won't be able to dry it. That will ruin the shine and it's hard to get to when it need to be repolished. Do you feel like taking your bumper off or exchanger out every show? I considered it, but for this reason I left it alone. The fins alone would keep me away from it.

lol krist ur asking mike the kid who takes rims off the truck every time he cleans it hahhaha

·
Administrator
18,599 Posts
yes sorry jim.. i have no idea what shit is made out of. :) its metal and shiny.. doubted it was chrome. didnt think it was stainless. so i went with alluminum or whatever billet aluminum. whatever the case may be. i want a gigantic obnoxious shiny heat exchanger with shiny nuts and bolts holding the shiny brackets in place :)
Gotcha! Billet means made out of a single piece of material. The rest is cut away. Most times Aluminum. Not cast or extruded or "assembled" from parts.

I would get polished and then coated with Zoop Seal or clear PC.

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts