Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have an AEM eugo wideband, I didnt see anything in the instructions for calibration

Right at start up the numbers flash around 14-15, as the rpms drop down below 1000 is when it maxes out A/F. I guess I will see what the fuel pressure looks like and go from there because I really dont want to take apart that exhaust again

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Its sitting at around 10-11 right now. Its not horizontal but if I do end up taking it apart I should be able to spin the pipe and get it at high noon.

It was working at one point and time. At idle it was reading normal a couple weeks ago but it hasnt been lately. It still drives and feels the same to me. Im starting to think maybe I got some bad gas, low octane fuel would have an impact like this right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bad fuel would give you many issues, but that would not be the cause of the exhaust leak. Do you not have your hand held tuner?

·
Registered
780 Posts
According to the AEM webste: We use Bosch 4.9 LSU sensors in our wideband controllers. Our sensors are individually laboratory-calibrated by Bosch and never require free air calibration!

My Innovate G3 was doing something similar recently, I plugged my handheld in & datalogged. The gauge would go minimum or maximum, appx 0v or 5v. Sent the log to the vendor & their response was the Bosch sensor needed to be replaced (least 10 years old). Got a replacement & hope to install it this weekend.

I also added a couple of pics when I blew my head gasket and it was pushing coolant. Just cruising around was fine...for a while.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
According to the AEM webste: We use Bosch 4.9 LSU sensors in our wideband controllers. Our sensors are individually laboratory-calibrated by Bosch and never require free air calibration!

My Innovate G3 was doing something similar recently, I plugged my handheld in & datalogged. The gauge would go minimum or maximum, appx 0v or 5v. Sent the log to the vendor & their response was the Bosch sensor needed to be replaced (least 10 years old). Got a replacement & hope to install it this weekend.

I also added a couple of pics when I blew my head gasket and it was pushing coolant. Just cruising around was fine...for a while.

View attachment 538944 View attachment 538945 View attachment 538946
Wow thats some greasy water. I just checked my fluids and everything is holding up. I think if it really was my head gasket I would be seeing some sort of smoke out the exhaust and losing water which isnt the case so thats good news. The senor is practically brand new but I wont count that out.

I was thinking back to the last time I got gas and I did drive down the block with my fuel cap hanging out. Luckily some guy pointed it out and I tightened it up. Stupid mistake on my part, surely that lose of pressure for a mile didnt hurt my pumps. Could that be the case?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Fuel pressure looks good, sitting around 35-37psi at idle. I guess I will look into trying to find an exhaust leak. Maybe the header gasket or the donut gasket at the collector

21 - 28 of 28 Posts