Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new engine line up of the f150s what do you guys think the odds are of them remaking the lightning? I was reading on pickuptrucks.com and they mentioned about the 5.0 from the mustang already being compatible with a supercharger. Personally I couldn't imagine the new 6.2 supercharged.... What do you think? Clearly there is a market for this kind of truck:rockon_ford

·
Thank you Diatoms
513 Posts
Well they are already tooled up to make the Raptor. Why not change the suspension to lower it 2" below the standard F150 3.73's and the rest would be cosmetic interior and exterior. Some tweaking on the motor to free up some ponies and torque. They can do it. Question is will they?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree!!!!!!! Lets all make a trip to detroit and demand it! I mean seriously imagine you can have the option of a high performance off roader (raptor) something to haul your toys (f150) and a fast street truck (lightning) it would be unbelievable

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
I think that it would be sweet to see a new Lightning, but with the price tag on new cars who the **** could afford a new Lightning.

·
ROADHOUSE
25,433 Posts
I'd be all for it if it was on a midsized platform like the F100 they talked about building. (which seemed to be the same size as a gen2 L). The new F150's are just too big and unattractive.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,537 Posts
that Gen3 prototype was awsome...

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'd be all for it if it was on a midsized platform like the F100 they talked about building. (which seemed to be the same size as a gen2 L). The new F150's are just too big and unattractive.
ya arent the new ones somthing like 6-7000 pounds? kinda big for a real performance truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I mean they could shave some pounds. I wouldnt need leather nav anything just something fast from the factory, that looks good

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
18 Participants
lightningkid
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing