Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think over the winter I'll pull the supercharger to port it- Currently have a 4#, punisher vb, magna flow cutback, JLP intake and WMS tune.. Very pleased. Seems like alot of people are recommending jokerz these days. I've replaced my intercooler pump already (factory). All new coils (denso) and plugs (tr6ix). Going to upgrade to a 6# pulley, SCT MAF, thinking about a Wideband (the phantom 2 look good to me). What is the best bang for the buck cooling mod? was thinking about the JLP intercooler tank, or would I be better off getting a aftermarket heat exchanger? I would think the bigger reservoir would keep the coolant cooler.. A lot of people seem to run aftermarket pumps and larger pipes but I would think moving the coolant too quickly through the cooling circuit would give it less chance to cool off? Also is the boost by-pass necessary? ( I remember doing it years ago to my first lightning- and I thought the reasoning behind it was to stock the 1-2 shift boost drop) Thanks for any input.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,227 Posts
The Boost Bypass Valve is necessary. The Boost Bypass Solenoid on the driver's side rail on the side of the blower is not. But you have to turn it off in the tune to keep the CEL off. It's third back from the front. Two front ones are EGR, And the fourth one is the Barometric Pressure Sensor (must have).

Sounds like you are talking more about the boost bypass mod, which is a fluke. Not needed. I would never do it. Besides that, I think the boost bypass solenoid does the exact same thing.

·
local painter
2,931 Posts
Pull it and send it to Jokerz Performance

Reactions: TP 112

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prepping for gauge install- gauges should be in this week, need the exhaust welded up for a Wideband.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts