Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know what it costs? and if anyone has a good condition used one for sale what do you want for it????

·
Registered
270 Posts
i paid 500 for mine search for the thread it was pretty recent i picked up 40hp and 27 ft lb's it has pics and dynos i think the 2 threads are ported eaton dyno results and ported eaton track difference. i got mine done at next generation motorsports the porting is a little more aggressive than the wasp port but he also does a good job :) not sure on the proce tho.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I got mine done by [email protected] and he did a good job, his price is the same as stiegemeier is chargeing. It all depends on when you want to get it done and how long you can have down time without your truck. I have no dyno numbers yet but as soon as my Lt's go on I am getting a dyno tune ane will tell you how much diffrence it makes. My truck was sitting at 386 before I put the ported blower on. I may put a 2.8 upper on and see if I can hit the 450/550 club [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
426 Posts
Last winter I had Apten port mine. No dyno numbers of before and after.. but I did pick up a solid 0.3 tenths and 2-3 mph on average. In my book it was a very very good bang for the buck.

Rich

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I have a Wasp Port, AND LOVE IT

Wont be using it no more since I have a Magnum Powers now :D

Someone else asked last week, got to look back at some post....
But in @ 1 month, it will be back home here (at Sals Shop right now)
I'd be willing to swap cases with someone and maybe 150-200

·
Registered
367 Posts
slvrlightning said:
anybody know what it costs? and if anyone has a good condition used one for sale what do you want for it????
I have a used one I took off of my 01 around 50k on it I will be willing to part with it if the price is right or if you have something I want or need. PM me or call me on my cel 214-417-4344.

Brent

·
Registered
270 Posts
99BlackBeast said:
I got mine done by [email protected] and he did a good job, his price is the same as stiegemeier is chargeing. It all depends on when you want to get it done and how long you can have down time without your truck. I have no dyno numbers yet but as soon as my Lt's go on I am getting a dyno tune ane will tell you how much diffrence it makes. My truck was sitting at 386 before I put the ported blower on. I may put a 2.8 upper on and see if I can hit the 450/550 club [smilie=fingersx.gif]

i was seeing 384 hp and 503 torque and with ported eaton i bumped up to 425 and 530 or 537 i dont remember my sheet is on another thread but it is an awesome bang for the buck so u shouldnt see 450 club unless u have a sick tune also what lower r u running b/c i have a 4 lower and 2.8 upper?

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
when I got the truck he said he got the 4#lower from [email protected], I will be adding the 2.8 upper before just before I dyno tune so my motor does not go kaboom.

·
Registered
270 Posts
good idea this kid that i was talking to at the track one time was running a 4-2 setup with no chip.hes crazy :smt101 he didnt blow anything up tho which is surprising. but you should see 16-17 lbs with a ported blower a 2.8 and a 4 lower. i dunn about 450/550 unless you have ungodly amunts of timing in your tune.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I just port my own.  TC at Next Generation Motorsoports has a similar design.  It works awesome.  Mondo1, redlightning, Mac02lightning, chris, americanmuscle, traviswozniak and around 8 others have them and averaged around 35-45 hp increases.  I just port them as trades for stuff. No money but lots of free dinners and stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Rob_02Lightning

Wont be using it no more since I have a Magnum Powers now

Rob that was me, but you were not sure you wanted to get rid of it so i made this thread.

Thanks Randy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Posted by: Avalanche
I have a used one I took off of my 01 around 50k on it I will be willing to part with it if the price is right or if you have something I want or need. PM me or call me on my cel 214-417-4344.

Brent
Brent,
So what do you need, and what is the right price ???? :D [smilie=popcorn.gif]

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
slvrlightning said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Rob_02Lightning

Wont be using it no more since I have a Magnum Powers now 

Rob that was me, but you were not sure you wanted to get rid of it so i made this thread.

Thanks Randy
Hey Randy, forgive me, decades and decades of wacky weed will take your memory and squash it, hehehehehehe

Actually my motors going back in real soon, (like maybe this week), it'll be a while yet before it's home (still got Lots to do) but if your interested and can give me back a case, make me an offer I cant refuse :D I'd prob have to keep my nose and Rotors too of course, (I got the SFPH Dial-Ur-Boost set up on it, got to sell that too, Josh may take it)
I got 4 Pulleys, 2 are BRAND NEW (1 used for 3 days) Got me (4) 11's in a row though, :D

If you want to just swap cases, and use your Nose and Rotors, it takes @ 10 minutes to do, (once off) you DO NOT lose 1 single drop of fluid either.
I'd prob swap case + $150.00.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
BoostinSvt954 said:
copied your design? and who are you? how does he even know you?
I am one of Armands best friends. and the first Lightning to go to TCs Hyudai shop when he left Razors Edge. If you have ever seen one of the braided line fuel systems on a Lightning or HD, like Rays truck thats at TCs shop, I designed that too. I do my own thing now, Ill be with Armand at the SuperFord event in March breaking in my new stroker motor. Well hopefully be going up about 10 or so Lightnings. Let Armand know if you want to go. Pete

·
Registered
734 Posts
BoostinSvt954 said:
Boostin, Pete has helped me also and my 1/2" steel braided fuel line kit was designed by him. Great work I might add!
Pete has had his hand in many of the high end trucks around. Pete keeps a low profile but if your in the know then you no Pete!

Peace, Suavy

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I tried calling you last week, Suavy. Anyways, I broke my planetarys and OD in my tranny so its all getting fixed and upgraded with a 9 clutch drum as we speak. Pete

·
Registered
270 Posts
promodlightning said:
BoostinSvt954 said:
I am one of Armands best friends. and the first Lightning to go to TCs Hyudai shop when he left Razors Edge. If you have ever seen one of the braided line fuel systems on a Lightning or HD, like Rays truck thats at TCs shop, I designed that too. I do my own thing now, Ill be with Armand at the SuperFord event in March breaking in my new stroker motor. Well hopefully be going up about 10 or so Lightnings. Let Armand know if you want to go. Pete
o i remember when we were at the shop me and armand were putting in my egr blockoff and u were talking to him on the nextel. gotcha. yeah i would like to go with you guys ill give armand a call. i didnt mean to be a dick but any1 can say oh he copied my design. good job designing i picked up 40 hp. :smt023 hopefully ill see you in march. where is that event at anyways?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tommy, I just got off the phone with Pete(pro-mod) and reminded him that our ported eatons are NOT his design at all. His are hand ported and the outlet design is totally different than our machined openings. We then go in and radius the inside "cut" edge that already is angle milled slightly to accomedate the rotorpack loading design. Pro-mods units do work but are unlike ours completely. Pete is a stand-up guy and knowing him as i do, he should chime in and concur to his previous comments. BTW, his fuel line set-up is killer...if I do say so myself. [smilie=3gears.gif]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.