Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who ports the Eatons? Can I do it myself? What does it cost? What kind of HP gains can I expect? I'm just full of questions. Was a loyal Mustang guy but now that I own a L there is no going back.

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
i did mine by myself. it was a lot of work, but i am pleased with it. no dyno #'s to back that up though.

if you pay somebody to do it, go with http://stiegemeier.com/index1.html

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
In process of doing one and the upper plenum as we speak. It is not easy, but I am about done modding my truck so this is more like a project to feed the mod bug.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to some dyno #'s if any body has them? I have never done anything like this before but isn't the point of porting to smooth out edges and surfaces to improve flow? Im assuming that it is very time comsuming.

·
Registered
186 Posts
no, that would be polishing.....porting is removing large amounts of metal in certain areas. do a search on here or another L website, and you'll see pics of what has been done.

i'd just fork up the money, and pay someone else to do it. unless you have all the right tools.

later
chiz

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Here is a Before and After Shot of my blower after Porting

On my Last dyno pull we backed out at 394hp due to A/F and still had some left in it and was a Hot day as well. I am seeing around 15 psi on a cool day :D.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Dont forget Wes, he does an awesome port for a very fair price.
Many have had awesome results with Ported Eatons, 450 HP is very do-able with big boost, some have hit 500 (or more) with Cams and Heads.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Anyone with Ported blowers experienced a loss of Torque? Only reason I ask is that I have seen a few people complaining of loss of Torque with ported Eatons.

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
i have heard that steigemier or wes was the top two choices to go too...

i will probably be getting one from JLP in a few weeks..............

i cant get rid of these [email protected]#% 13.10,13.05

but then again i am running street (wornout) tires....

the kid.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts