Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did a search on popping coming from exhaust

Few things showed up but didn't answer my question regarding my situation

Mods are as follows cai intake sct 93 tune and stock exhaust with 2 ar 25s installed waiting for my h pipe to come so its not equal on pressure. If I need to just get my h pipe or x pipe installed would that help but it also happens on deceleration just from 35 under light throttle.

Things to check
Spark plugs
Back pressure not enough?
Take the tune out and check for lean
Anything will be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no on the h pipe I did two dyno back in the day with an h pipe and an x pipe the h pipe yielded more torque and the x pipe prodcued more hp same day tests difference in da that day was 150 so there any negatives to the h pipe on a lightning

·
Silver Thor! Scream Eaton Scream!
1,058 Posts
check your windshield weather strips around the windshield.

I would drive and I would hear a popping, I thought was coming from under my truck, and it wa the damn weather shrip! This was for a week :/ lol

But check the weather strip just in case, cause that happened to me.

·
Registered
812 Posts
could be in the tune, there is something for that

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hmm, I thought if it runs rich, unburnt fuel gets into the exhaust pipes and the heat of the cats combusts it, causing that popping noise after it revs. Mine used to do that but I fixed it with my tuner...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I did two dyno back in the day with an h pipe and an x pipe the h pipe yielded more torque and the x pipe prodcued more hp same day tests difference in da that day was 150 so there any negatives to the h pipe on a lightning
Were these tests on a Lightning? I agree that the H-pipe will yield more torque but I have not heard of anybody switching to an H-pipe to get better track times in a Lightning.

BTW With a Lightning you will have all the torque you need, tires can't take it anymore ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts