Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone home polished their intake? blower? plenum? any of the aluminum pieces to the engine? I'm going to attempt to do this to my daily this weekend and am looking for how tos.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Lots of sand paper

·
SLINGSHOT...ENGAGED
2,608 Posts
Yup^^ lol. I've done a few lower SC pulleys, Auxiliary idler brackets and idlers, MAD coil pack screws, and working on a stock idler bridge now..

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
I've done a C&L plenum 90%, came out pretty nice, had the local guy finish it since he was polishing my POSI Raceport blower. I hand ported the inside, got that where I wanted it, let him do the final buff out.

I just finished my idler bridge. There's a thread on this somewhere LOL. You need good power tools which different wheels. I have two drill presses in my shop, one bench mounted one on the floor. I can mount up two different wheels, and change speeds on both. The bench unit is an old monster, probably weighs 125-150 pounds, so you can push it hard just like my floor unit. I like drill presses because you can really move the piece around more so than a bench grinder with a buffing wheel. I also use a Foredom Tool, I have Chuck and Collet quick change heads for that. Good for smaller areas, great for porting.

Wet sandpaper is needed, I have a variety from 400-5000. It makes a difference. The bridge started out with a sandcast finish, many hours later, it looked incredible. Be prepared to get dirty, wear an apron and face protection, have plenty of nitrile gloves and Mothers Billet Cream.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts