Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after seeing some pics of some polished valve covers on a 5.4 I'm very interested in getting some.

Who makes them and where can I buy them?

I've heard of Team Breads, but can't find a website or vendor that sells them?

Any others? Are any of they good? Or problem prone?

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I have never run any of them. I "hear" the trickflows blow oil - poor baffles. I "Hear" BBK's always leak. Moroso - I havent heard anything bad about them except the price tag. I have an extra set of stockers i'm getting custom painted.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Aren't the composite stockers the lightest?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I was gonna go the painted route, but with as much polished pieces as I have now I might as well get the valve covers as well. If Any ones tried any of the above mentioned would like to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
BBK leak
Team breed weight a ton
Crap Didn't know TF made a set.. Got a link?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I have a set of team bred polish valve covers for sale soon.
+1 better jump on these!! teambreed has the best! i have heard bbk is nothing but bad things about them.havent heard much about the trickflows.when i ordered my teambreeds the guy said the 2v has pretty much reached its peak production he said they were going to stop making them.here is their number 585-388-0126

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Paint the stockers in chrome and call it good. If I was to re-do my top of my motor, I'd do that. The TF covers are JUNK.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Paint the stockers in chrome and call it good. If I was to re-do my top of my motor, I'd do that. The TF covers are JUNK.
i had a set of stock covers painted in that spectra chrome.they looked dam good but i never used them.some people say spectra chrome isnt really for heat.can always try it.i like my teambreed covers:bigtu

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Far from Junk

I like mine but I don't run a PCV

They are also polished but I did that. Didn't know that was an option:shitstormretarded

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
No, the TF covers are JUNK. Plain and simple. Unless you want to delete PCV, they are junk. If you're going to run a remotely stock PCV system, do not buy the TF valve covers. After I get my stockers painted I'm going to throw the F'ing TF piece of shit covers in the garbage.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
No, the TF covers are JUNK. Plain and simple. Unless you want to delete PCV, they are junk. If you're going to run a remotely stock PCV system, do not buy the TF valve covers. After I get my stockers painted I'm going to throw the F'ing TF piece of shit covers in the garbage.

I'll take em if thats the case, I can improvise [smilie=3g

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
i have a set of polished valve covers. I believe they are team breeds and they have jlp racing engraved in them. they are dirty though so you would have to polish them up. i can take pics of them if you want

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
dagamore
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing