Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after seeing some pics of some polished valve covers on a 5.4 I'm very interested in getting some.

Who makes them and where can I buy them?

I've heard of Team Breads, but can't find a website or vendor that sells them?

Any others? Are any of they good? Or problem prone?

·
SOLD...
5,244 Posts
I have never run any of them. I "hear" the trickflows blow oil - poor baffles. I "Hear" BBK's always leak. Moroso - I havent heard anything bad about them except the price tag. I have an extra set of stockers i'm getting custom painted.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Aren't the composite stockers the lightest?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I was gonna go the painted route, but with as much polished pieces as I have now I might as well get the valve covers as well. If Any ones tried any of the above mentioned would like to hear your opinions.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
BBK leak
Team breed weight a ton
Crap Didn't know TF made a set.. Got a link?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I have a set of team bred polish valve covers for sale soon.
+1 better jump on these!! teambreed has the best! i have heard bbk is nothing but bad things about them.havent heard much about the trickflows.when i ordered my teambreeds the guy said the 2v has pretty much reached its peak production he said they were going to stop making them.here is their number 585-388-0126

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
Paint the stockers in chrome and call it good. If I was to re-do my top of my motor, I'd do that. The TF covers are JUNK.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Paint the stockers in chrome and call it good. If I was to re-do my top of my motor, I'd do that. The TF covers are JUNK.
i had a set of stock covers painted in that spectra chrome.they looked dam good but i never used them.some people say spectra chrome isnt really for heat.can always try it.i like my teambreed covers:bigtu

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Far from Junk

I like mine but I don't run a PCV

They are also polished but I did that. Didn't know that was an option:shitstormretarded

·
Boost-A-Holic
5,471 Posts
No, the TF covers are JUNK. Plain and simple. Unless you want to delete PCV, they are junk. If you're going to run a remotely stock PCV system, do not buy the TF valve covers. After I get my stockers painted I'm going to throw the F'ing TF piece of shit covers in the garbage.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
No, the TF covers are JUNK. Plain and simple. Unless you want to delete PCV, they are junk. If you're going to run a remotely stock PCV system, do not buy the TF valve covers. After I get my stockers painted I'm going to throw the F'ing TF piece of shit covers in the garbage.

I'll take em if thats the case, I can improvise [smilie=3g

·
Snail Powered
7,830 Posts
i have a set of polished valve covers. I believe they are team breeds and they have jlp racing engraved in them. they are dirty though so you would have to polish them up. i can take pics of them if you want

1 - 20 of 25 Posts