Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a polished lightning supercharger from 2002 with polished plenum,and factory diameter polished aluminum snout pulley.have over $900.00 in polishing alone not including price of parts.have a lightning motor in my mustang,and i am trying to get everything under the hood.due to the height of the supercharger cant get it under the hood.so i am taking a new approach.everything is in excellent shape.$900.00 PLUS SHIPPING

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
wow man that is B E A UTIFUL!!:bigtu

I'd hack the hood in a heartbeat vs selling that!:cheers

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
is it ported or stock? striped rotors?

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
looks great...... damn i would hate to have to keep that clean.....GLWS man that thing is kick ass show peice

·
We're in a Tight Spot!
573 Posts
get a bigger hood lol

·
.030, XR heads, [email protected]
12,831 Posts
Even with a 6 inche cowl you still have to cut it. The plenum on top of the blower is just to high

I'd STILL cut the hood..... btw, thanks for a new background!:bigtu

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do they make lower mounting motor mounts??? just a thought?:smt102
i have full maximum motorsport suspension on the car dont want to alter that to much.mm makes 1/2 kmember spacers.pa racing makes a kmember with lower motor mounts,i am not taking maximum stuff off.it is awesome stuff!.these are my options.
voodoo racing m122 adapter plate? voodoo setup is very nice

option #2 cut my eaton and fab up a plenum for it? i think not i have spent to much on this blower and cant bring myself to doing that.would rather sell it

option#3 just get a big nasty already polished whipple 3.4?

after much thinking if i buy the voodoo m122 adapter plate,the m122,have it polished like my eaton,then have it ported.i will be in whipple 3.4 territory,and you can buy the already polished whipple.then i will still have more hood clearance!thats my game plan.sell my eaton and just save save save lol

·
We're in a Tight Spot!
573 Posts
Even with a 6 inche cowl you still have to cut it. The plenum on top of the blower is just to high
Damn... lol. well good luck, im guessing your going procharged or turbo?

·
We're in a Tight Spot!
573 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update now it has stripped rotors

just so you know there was nothing wrong to begin with but the coating is bound to come off sooner or later,why cause damage to case? figured i would go ahead and address the problem.this is what they looked like.this blower is in excellent shape

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
somebody make this guy an offer so I know what my project is worth

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
9 Participants
the12fast4u
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing