Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The gauge came today
The Steering Column Pod will be here soon

Why did they send me a Oil Gauge Kit ???

No Tee ???

Is this the right Line and size ???

HELP.....................

I mean I know it's as easy as finding the factory Hose
(I assumed it was a rubber hose)

Any pic's
Any Help
And body know what tee and if I need diff line,
what I need, and where ???
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
734 Posts
Rob, you should be able to use the kit from what I see. My boost gage set up did not come with a tee also. I went to the auto parts bought a T and just spliced the boost gage line that is directly under the steering colum. It goes through the fire wall by the steering colum. I think its a black vacumm looking line. This way your factory boost gage and the after market gage will both work.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You got the right hose there. You will need to go and get a tee to tie into the factory line that is behind the dash were your factory boost gauge is at. That looks like it is the correct kit to me. You are a plumber you know about swedge fittings don't you? :LOL

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think JUST MAYBE they'd put Oil Gauge AND BOOST GAUGE on the lable,
for people like me with a Medical condition,  :LOL :LOL :LOL

I'll hunt for a tee tomorrow, can't do anything till the Pod gets here anyway, hells ya I know all about compression ftg's, I sell them all day, but only as small as 1/8od, this is smaller than that #@(&$%(#@$%(@#$%)@#$

Chris, that dam gauge came in like 1 day, woo hoo, thanks for the link.
I'll prob wait a month now for the Pod  [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
261 Posts
When I had my mechanical autometer gauge like above I found a vaccuum line rubber coupling that reduced down from the tee to accept the nylon. I just used a zip tie for security and never had a problem running upwards of 15lbs of boost. Let me know if you need one of these Rob?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rob, I have the same gauge. You just have to open the instructions. That paper covers few different gauges they offer to include the boost gauge. You will need to pick up a tee and elbow to complete the install properly though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
2000L said:
Rob, I have the same gauge. You just have to open the instructions. That paper covers few different gauges they offer to include the boost gauge. You will need to pick up a tee and elbow to complete the install properly though.
Okay you said two funny things there.

One is ROb has to open the instrustions. [smilie=eek4.gif]

Two Rob install something properly the first time. :smt044

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WELL I'LL BE DIPPED IN SHIT, THERE WAS INSTRUCTIONS FOR A BOOST GAUGE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS  :LOL

Directions, I don't need any stinking Directions.
Isn't that like asking for directions when your lost ???

On the way home from Cecil last time, I got seperated from Gator and Ray (Big Daddy)
instead of stopping for directions, I ended up in down town Philly on a Saturday night 
[smilie=eek4.gif] :shock: [smilie=eek4.gif]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts