Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I'm posting this in the gen 2 section because it seems to everyone on here this is the only forum that exists. I've been getting a few complaints about me moving people's threads to the proper forums on here. I am in no way a 'mod nazi', but come on now...
Someone complained about me moving the LOONY meet thread to the LOONY forum. Chris created the regional and club forums for a reason... to make it easier for you guys. You then complain... "Well people don't even look at those forums." So LOOK IN THE GOD DAMN FORUMS! THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THEY FOR!!!
"People aren't gonna see it if I don't post it in the gen 2 section." PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO READ THE OTHER FORUMS!!
What is it that you guys want?? Do you want ONE single Lightning forum like F150 and put all of the BS together in one forum?? You would think it'd be easier to have separate forums for everything... but apparently not.
Feel free to give your ideas, suggestions, etc..

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Amen Leeann

·
Registered
427 Posts
I always hit "view new topics" and it shows me everything since my last visit. That way I dont miss as much as I used to. [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ah, the life of a moderator!!! Total thankless job! :D You are correct, keeping things where they belong makes more sense, plus helps immensely when searching for things on the site.

Jody

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I aint saying schitt, if I do you'll rip my frigging head off  
OR SOMETHING  [smilie=padlock.gif]

Which one of us LOONY Bastards complained LA, tell us and well have um killed :D

BTW
I Love when a Hot Babe gets Mad and Angry, can you please talk dirty to me  :smt055

Ok I'll say something, you twisted me arm
I'm the #4 poster on F-150 and I can honestly say I have NEVER NOT ONE TIME, posted in another section, The same goes for NLOC and any other Forum I visit.
(AMOF, do other Forums even have other sections ?)  :LOL

As for us, I don't think you have moved any post here that shouldn't have been moved LA, and I think your doing an awesome job Moderating the Site.  :smt023 :smt023  :smt023
AMOF I would like to personally Thank You someday for the fine job your doing :D
What are you doing next weekend  :smt057

I also agree with you 100% on the Club sections, especially since it was my idea, I sure hope
people use them. The thought was for ANY OF US to be able to have our OWN CLUB FORUM, which in turn would bring more traffic to the LR Forum.  

We ALL really need to look the sections over when we have time and decide TOGETHER if it makes sense to maybe do away with some (or team some up). This is a Family, and we all live here, so WE should make these decisions TOGETHER.
So far of what I read people want all the section just the wat they are ???

I will say this
It works well on F-150 having all Gen's and HD in one section, for all I know there is seperate sections there ???, but I'll never know (or look), it seems we all post in the Gen II section anyway, and thats the only place I check, and it works well. I think it would add traffic and more post for all three of the catogory's here if we were together)

I also think we should look at the Vendor Section, some have told me they dont like all that seperated. Some have also complained about how many diff sections we have, it is a lot harder for people to look through all of them. Also people don't use the Vendor sections enough.

I will say I do think people should be able to say Hi, how are you, I'm new here, in the section of the Vehicle they own, I know we have a general section, and that is needed for non L/HD post, however I think people would get the warmest welcome in the section they are going to be posting in, and a warm welcome is what keeps people here, and allows our family to grow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an idea, how about we make this shit simple? Get rid of the 18 million other forums of this site, and put it all into one, simple and easy place to read? [smilie=popcorn.gif]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rob - I laugh everytime I read your damn posts. :LOL :D

On a serious note, if you guys want a single forum for Lightnings and HDs, then maybe we can try it. Chris... any ideas??? You're the boss. :)
I really don't think we should get rid of the separate vendor forums... but it's up to everyone else. If you guys want to try merging everything into one and see how it works out, that is fine. Personally, I like having different forums.... If you wanna see what events are going on - check out the regional/club forums... If you wanna see vendor specials/ask a vendor a question - check out the vendor forums.... If you wanna post useless nonsense - check out the general discussion forum... If you wanna sell/buy something - check out the classifieds.. etc, etc, etc.
I don't know how much easier it can get. I would think everyone would want separate forums to make life easier rather than sifting through all the BS in one single forum. In all reality it's like trying to put 100 pounds of shit into a 10 pound bag. :smt108
It's up to you guys though... :)

·
Administrator
18,554 Posts
Traffic has been a litle light lately, but the current setup is perfect for additional traffic.
Most of the time so little is happening in any other forums, and the Gen 2 is the only thing
active, but this may change in time,

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think it's fine the way it is and I'm glad Leeann is on top of everything!!

Leeann, Great job and keep up the good work!

IMHO, I think that more and more people will come over here eventually especially if it stays this way!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Everyone,

Thanks for your comments and ideas, such is necessary for an online community to be successful and ALL comments and ideas are appreciated. I can't thank everyone enough!

I too have thought of the idea of compacting the Lightning boards into one main "Lightning" section, but I still like the idea of having seperate forums for a variety of reasons, one reason is the better narrowed searches for specific searches in specific forums, also the various L generation owners can keep content specific to their generation of Lightning in a better "uniformed" fashion in comparison to having one gigantic swimming pool of different Lightning content (based on the different platforms) in one centralized area.

Our site gets the traffic no doubt, but a majority of traffic goes to the e-zine and the other portion is to our forums, however our forums sees a hell of a lot of lurkers and we need to convert the lurkers into posters :)

Guys and Gals we have some smoking ideas brewing that will include discounts from our supporting vendors to loyal LR members based upon the number of posts a member has along with other some other minor rules. More to come on this!

Attention LURKERS : PLEASE register up on LightningRodder, it is free and I promise it won't hurt like going to the dentist  :D

I/WE did not start up LightningRodder.com to be in competition with "any" other established Lightning based website and in fact I support all of the other L based websites out there and give them much respect! LightningRodder.com is LightningRodder.com, a website for SVT Lightning and Harley Davidson Truck enthusiast created and maintained by enthusiasts and we will stay like that!!! Don't worry peeps, we aren't gonna go "corporate" on ya ;) :D

I know many of the other fine L based websites out there don't allow url linking to our site or other sites for that matter in a users sig, and I respect that,  so I ask that all of our members put the word out for us, if you know a gen 1 or 2 owner or a guy that has a Harley Davidson F150, let them know that LightningRodder.com would love to have them as a member! We don't charge silly member fees, and we only ask that if you like the site and would like to donate that you do such! We have had some people donate to LR already aside from the supporting vendors and their confidence and liking of our site is sincerely appreciated!

This site is funded by my broke ass and our kick ass supporting vendors whom which I thank dearly for supporting LightningRodder.com!

Thanks to everyone for your input, please keep it coming! :)

-Chris

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Gee were some of you reading between the lines or something (LA)  :D
Who said anything about putting the entire site into one big gang bang  [smilie=eek4.gif]
Of course we need A LOT of sections "and multi Forums", and Group/Club sec, and and and ..
All I'm saying is MANY do not visit SOME sections, and MAYBE we should look at that

Geeze, I'm going back to my original thought
I AINT SAYING SHIT  :LOL

Screw that, YES I AM, hehehehehehehe 

Lets See

No ones been in the Gen III sec since Oct of 04
(I asked Chris to delete it 1 miiiiiiiiillion times, I'll delete it myself today) THERE IS NO GEN III

No one's been in the Killing Fields, Audio, Detail, Suggestion, or Testing Sec's Since April
Same with N20, (note to self) hehehehehehe

Never been a "How To" in Gen I, or HD

No Ones been in the Vendors Forums (located in Vendor Section) since Dec 04 for Some, Feb, March, and April for the others.

Of course we need classifieds, and people are using them, shit I sold a ton of stuff in 1 day there.

All I was saying is MAYBE we should look at some of those area's.....
As I said, I wasn't looking to change anything, just looking for opinions

If everyone likes it as is, and wants it this way
THATS WHAT CHRIS AND I WANT

All I ever try to do is give YOU/US the Members a say so in the Forum, after all it's OUR home

·
Registered
734 Posts
Great Job LA, you moved one of my post and I said nothing.

Cuz I knew you were right! I also am one of the people who very rarely looks at any thing other than the L forum and the clasiffieds.

Peace, Suavy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts