Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need help... I truly respect your opinions and would truly appreciate some feedback...

Recently I upgraded my exhaust and I started hearing what I thought was a heat shield rattle... As I inspected, my trans was leaking from the left side of the radiator and was low on fluid... I crawled under my truck and think the rattle is coming from my torque converter?

Obviously I added fluid and it helped, the sound is not as loud.... but the rattle is still present at very low rpm (sounds like loose gravel or small rocks rolling around) and as soon as the truck gets up to 10mph or more it goes away...

Im dropping her off Monday to get fixed, not certain what I broke... Think maybe its the torque converter OR the flywheel?

The transmission still shifts very smooth... So I think I will be replacing both torque converter AND probably my flywheel too???

My truck has the 4# pulley, throttle body, JLP CIA, new tune (tune from lightning force with kit) and high flow bassani mid-pipes (1 cat per side) with dual bassani cat back....

What do you all recommend and/or think I should do? I would like to still daily drive her AND I want it safe, I dont want to hurt her... I dont really race it OR track it... I just take her out a few times a week and drive her like I stole her (rip burn outs and have fun) I have seen a few torque converters that reduce 1/4mile times by .25-.5 seconds? And I see some lighter flywheels out there? BUT I AM NOT SURE if any of that is worth a shizzz?

Please let me know what you guys think and would recommend?

Also, I would LOVE to get some 20' wheels for her... Anyone know of a way to get decent wheels that wont break the bank? Id like to be around $1500-2500 wheels and tires if possible? I like the deep dish (3-4'lip) is a 5ish spoke OR something in a concave? Im ok with the idea of spacer/adapters, but I dont want the wheels sticking out past the fenders.. So i would need help with what size adapter and what offset would still fit?

Ok ok, thank you all soooo much!

·
Registered
89 Posts
A lighter flex plate (fly wheel) would be a waste of money. I wonder if your catalytic converters are going bad? Not sure just a theory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly I don't think so. I recently removed all 4 stock cats and installed the bassani mid pipes that include 1 new bassani cat per side. Those have less than 100miles on them....

Thanks for the response though, I appreciate it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bud, that looks like a good choice for flex plate... appreciate the recommendation. Happy Easter!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts