Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we couldn't figure out why Pitch Black wasn't making more power so Bob came over last night and did a compression test and leak down test and, well, the poor thing is very sick.

#1 88psi
#2 91psi
#3 90psi
#4 100psi
#5 93psi
#6 108psi
#7 93psi
#8 119psi

Leak down was 28%.

So we are starting again. Motor is coming out next weekend for a checkup and some interesting changes.

Thanks to all who have helped me.

Frustrated, BUT DETERMINED!
Greg

PS.....Before people from other boards start making assumptions, I want to stress that this is not in any way related to Nitrous. This truck has never had any nitrous run in it.
Greg

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Man that sucks :-? @($%@#($%#($

You got a great outlook and much patients my Friend
They always say, good things come to those that wait, maybe the 9's are just around the corner for you Pal [smilie=fingersx.gif]

Lightning recovery on the Beast, and Good Luck :smt023

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I hope it's not nothing major that is wrong, look what they found when they opened up Rob's motor

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You should be around the 150s. Man something is seriously wrong.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Definitely not good news. If it makes you feel any better my trans is messed up from a local shop trying to add a shift kit. :D

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Greg,

Sorry to hear about your beast being sick :(

I know you'll get her back up and running and even stronger than ever!

Now's the time to start taking names because when your beast comes back its gonna hand some assess out! :D

-Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words. We will pull it this weekend if all goes well. My first guess is the rings since it is every cylinder, and I would assume that somehow it leaned out or detonated. Whatever it is I'm sure that it is a result of something I did wrong. I'll keep everyone infromed. Like I say, the brite side is I can go ahead and make the changes that I wanted to make now instead of later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts