Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boost0holic
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just got my Whipple on and tuned recently and runs fantastic. On the Dyno it actually hit 19PSI but on the street it only hits 16PSI.

Its an 01 lighting with full bolt-on's and a built bottom end, stock heads and cams with a 2.9 Whipple with a 6 pound lower and a 4 inch upper.

WOT it pings slightly and I'd like to data log but I am unsure how to do that. I have a AEM Wiedband and an older SCT tuner but is there anyone in the NJ area that can help wit a log? I just want to see what is happening. While it pings it doesn't really hurt the acceleration but we can hear it.n I'd like to take a log and email it back to my tuner so he can fix my tune.

Thank you

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
First things first, dont make it ping anymore, you will hurt something.

Secondly maybe talking to who tuned the truck would be a better idea then making it do it again while logging it? Your tuner should be able to easily pull some timing and revise your tune.

JJ

·
Boost0holic
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JLP tuned it, it didn’t ping on the dyno but did on the street. We did street runs and he pulled back timing and said maybe my gas is bad. He said to log it as he can’t see it pinging at my current tune. I run 93, just filled with Exxon.

I’m looking at my plugs and coils next but I definitely want to log it.

part throttle is fantastic and peels wheels 1-2 but a full WOT I hear slight pinging and let off. My reservoir has a new pump in and and flows fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts