Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've built and owned quite a few foxbody mustangs and every one of them had a cowl hood. I've had my lightning for 8 months now and I've been wanting a cowl hood for it as well. Call me cheap but I refuse to pay $650-$700+ for an unpainted hood from hardwood or cervinis. Some of the more affordable companies really didn't have any hoods that I liked so I told myself stock hood it is unless I get really lucky and find a super deal. Happy to say I found such deal! Purchased this 3" cervinis from off eBay. It was listed with no reserve. The hood has a couple small cracks in the fiberglass but very minor and can be repaired easily. I couldn't believe that I won the auction and got the hood for the price I got it for. There's a body shop right near my job that's going to fix the little cracks and paint match it for me. I'll post pics once I get it all done and on the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. It's crazy how cervinis and hardwood r really the only hoods I've found for lightnings with a normal solid cowl. Other companies have this weird split in the Middle of the cowl that drives me nuts. Looks like it cuts the cowl in half.

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Congrats my friend! You almost waited as long for your hood as i did for my whole truck! :) You gonna sell your stock hood? If so, you should make back the money you paid for the new one! Sounds like a win-win to me!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Craig! Yea man can't wait to get that bad boy painted and on the truck. How r some of u guys with cervinis hoods doing the windshield wiper squirters?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice find... I am going to pick up one of the Cervinis Hoods for my 02 L from Late model Restoration at some point. I was wondering what to do with the WW squirters... Now I know!! Nice find!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Yea late model is an hour from my house. I wish they had sales lol. The cervinis and hardwood hoods look good but damn they r pricey.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update. I dropped the hood off at the paint shop yesterday. He said $300 total to fix the fiberglass and paint match it to the truck. Not too bad. The fiberglass was kinda jacked up in one spot but he said it's no problem to fix it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
congrats
but isn,t the stock hood lighter ??
i had a fiber hood with the dual scoops and traded it for a stock hood .
but thats just me
but this one looks nicer then the one i had .
great deal

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,675 Posts
congrats
but isn,t the stock hood lighter ??
i had a fiber hood with the dual scoops and traded it for a stock hood .
but thats just me
but this one looks nicer then the one i had .
great deal
the stock hood is lighter, but stock hoods are boring, and we're talking about 20 lbs difference. There's lots of other mods guys can do that add or remove 20 lbs or more and nobody ever bats an eye at it lol.

Where's a meme for "adds 100 lb subbox, 50 lbs of sound deadening, 20 lb heavier rims, 150 lb bed cover, 10 lb tailgate wing, and nobody bats an eye.....adds a 20 lb heavier hood and everyone looses their f'ing minds!" :laughing25

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's a great deal Ty... I too live about 1.5, 2 hrs from Waco... I have business down there so I am there at least once per month.. In for the pics once complete!:bigtu

Just an update. I dropped the hood off at the paint shop yesterday. He said $300 total to fix the fiberglass and paint match it to the truck. Not too bad. The fiberglass was kinda jacked up in one spot but he said it's no problem to fix it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys. Yea when I got the hood and picked it up, I was surprised that it was noticeably heavier than the stock hood lol. It's all good. Like Harley said its only like 20lbs. I've always loved cowl hoods so I don't mind the little extra weight. I'll definitely post pics of the finished product. Thanks again guys.

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Too bad you can't add that weight to the notoriously light rear end....of course that is what a hard tonneau is for.....right? :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts