Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting piling up the parts getting ready to start building this weekend!!

Here's what I've got planned...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Looks like allot of fun! When are you gonna start putting it all back together?

Peace,

Suavy [smilie=popcorn.gif]

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
lmao that block looks sweet man
and hey dont forget to peal that shit off the cams, i did a little test and i dont think it will disolve in the hot oil to well. i sure as hell wasnt taking hte chance
good luck with it man, and give me a call if you need a hand or voice i should say

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
:smt023 :smt023 @

:smt118

Smoooooooooooooking Erb
(I mean Herb) :D

Hey that sounds good,
smoking erb :LOL

Man that is the shit right there, WOO HOO
CONGRATS PAL, go get um...... :cheers:

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Looks Like you are going to have one hell of a bad ass Motor

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lightninmike said:
lmao that block looks sweet man
and hey dont forget to peal that shit off the cams, i did a little test and i dont think it will disolve in the hot oil to well. i sure as hell wasnt taking hte chance
good luck with it man, and give me a call if you need a hand or voice i should say
Yeah - I noticed it was sharting to peel on one lobe. Is was like " [smilie=eek4.gif]WTF" when I first opened that package!! I intend to peel it off before I drop them in.

Thanks for the props on the block guys - I think it turned out pretty bitchin! That's the same color (minus the texture) that I did on my valve covers several weeks back. I masked everything off (VERY tedious) so that there was still some color contrast on the freeze plugs and cros bolts and so that the gasket and mating surfaces stayed clean.

I've got some closer shots of the heads if you're interesed - I need to learn how to resize them though.

I'm hoping it's going to be bad-ass, I've been waiting long enought so far.

Looks like I may be in for a name change...

Later,
Smokin Herb

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KB ZILLA said:
Looks like a fun weekend.

Wish I was there to help you put it all together.  :D
Come on down - I've got an open invite for helpers/designated drinkers . I've got another local L (Scott) coming by Saturday and we're doing his plugs too.

Herb

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
man i wish i could make the trip down, but it is a little far and i got to start a new job next week

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is a bit of a stretch of the legs Mike!

I'll just bug the hell out of you all weekend and it'll feel like you're here :D

I'll keep the pics coming - especially now that I'm learning how to resize and stuff (obviously not on THIS post).

Good luck with the new gig next week [smilie=fingersx.gif]

Herb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts