Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about ordering some rain guards for my truck (you know, the ultimate go-fast mod) but i'd like them to be color matched to my white paint.

no one sells white ones, so can anyone decently skilled with a rattle can point me in a direction on how to paint some regular light tinted guards white?

i've done some projects with rattle cans that have come out nicely, but it's all been metal parts...anything different to watch out for painting plastic?

·
She's back!!!
3,552 Posts
I have used rattle can paint made for plastic with limited success for parts that are exposed to the elements. My best results with plastic parts is prime them with a good plastic primer then paint. I'd use at lest two coats of primer and sand in between then clearcoat them since they are exposed to the weather.

·
H2O Doctor...
5,003 Posts
There is a adhesion spray you use first, then prime..sand...prime then paint. I have had good success.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have used rattle can paint made for plastic with limited success for parts that are exposed to the elements. My best results with plastic parts is prime them with a good plastic primer then paint. I'd use at lest two coats of primer and sand in between then clearcoat them since they are exposed to the weather.
i have clear hangin around somewhere, so i'll definitely clear them.

gotta go up to advance and see if they have the plastic primer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
krylon fusion in gloss white will be a pretty close match and there is no prep work besides cleaning, everytime I have used it, it really holds up in the weather.

·
GOT BOOST!
2,813 Posts
wish they were clear thenyou could just paint the inside, but since there tinted then you should be alright on the outside.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
well its just the prep that really matters.... good sand down i think den good layer of primer and a clean that can stand the weather..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts