Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple teaser shot of my painted calipers. I used the Dupli-Color brush on kit and have some advice to other who may use it...

1) 1st coat looks like crap, 2nd coat looks OK, 3rd coat is MONEY$$
2) I pulled the calipers off removed all hardware and masked only the piston seals and bleaders
3) Make sure that the plugs you use to fill the brake hose banjo bolt hole fit tightly (if you pull the hoses) - mine loosened on 3 of the 4 and I now need to touch-up stripped areas due to brake fluid contamination (coating stripped before it cured)
4) Brush on application sucks if you have the calipers off the truck - If this same kit was available in a spray, I would go that route next time. The bruch is great for eliminating overspray, but the 'overdrip' sucks too. Having six parts hanging to be brushed 3 times with a 3/8" wide brush isn't great fun. Man, my arms are tured!!
5) The acid brush sucks - I picked loose bristles out at least a dozen times. The kit comes with only one - pick-up some extras (I didn't, but should have).

Herb

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks Great Herb!!

You have a lot more patients than I do....I covered the rotor with a plastic Wal-Mart bag and sprayed mine on the truck [smilie=fingersx.gif]

·
Banned
749 Posts
lookin good i was gonna do the same but think ill just wait for the brake upgrade..

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Looking Good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts