Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a good paint shop that can paint a hood at a decent price?? I have a hail damaged hood I want to replace with either a Cervini's (#1) or Harwood(#2).
Just got a quote from a local shop in Brighton and they want $391.61 for just the topside and that does not include any prep they might have to do. I don't know if that's a good price, I've never needed paint services.
Let me know! Thanks!!

-OJ

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just called a couple more shops and was quoted $450.00 for just the topside and $510.00 for top/underside, again not including prep work.
The third shop wants $400 for just the topside not including prep work.
:shocked003:shocked003:shocked003
Did not think it would be this much $$!! I would easily be over $1000 for the new hood and paint!! Might be calling Maaco soon...LOL!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm holding off on painting the hood once it gets here. I think I'm going to make it a winter project and try to buy a beater instead so I can put the L in the garage. But if the price is right with your painter buddy I might still be up for it.
Plus, it'll give me some time to tweak it since all these prep/fitment issue have continually popped up.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Yeah I was going to say something about making sure it's going to fit how you want before its painted. I didn't ahve time to call him yesterday so I'm goign to call him this afternoon. Let you know.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Ok got a hold of my painter. He said if he doesn't have to do any extra prep other then sand and prime it, it will be $175-200. Turn around will be about 4-5 days. If interested let me know and I can give you his number and then you guys can work out the details. :smt023

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok got a hold of my painter. He said if he doesn't have to do any extra prep other then sand and prime it, it will be $175-200. Turn around will be about 4-5 days. If interested let me know and I can give you his number and then you guys can work out the details. :smt023
That's a good price...PM me his number please. Thanks!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
thats not a horrible pirce, iam a painter by trade and the new voc compliant paints are huge bucks now.
my costs on paint have rising by 20-30 percent in one year!
not sure if the states has switched to waterbased yet
but i charge 450-650 pending on side of hood including prep though

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
thats not a horrible pirce, iam a painter by trade and the new voc compliant paints are huge bucks now.
my costs on paint have rising by 20-30 percent in one year!
not sure if the states has switched to waterbased yet
but i charge 450-650 pending on side of hood including prep though
He works out of his own shop at his house so overhead is nothing and I don't think he has anyone working for him. I know when he painted my truck couple yrs ago he talked about water based, but not sure if he is using it yet or not.

·
BANNED
1,661 Posts
Jeff, I'll take his # too if ya don't mind. 602.369.1919 thanks!

Need my smooth steps painted, and eventually, my whole truck redone. It didn't fare too well after 4 years in the Phoenix sun. Funny thing when you paint white over black. I even paid extra to have the black blasted off, and didn't know any better til I got my first good ding and saw shiny black underneath my oxford white. Shit wasn't even scuffed, let alone blasted, primed, etc. :busted :smt013

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.