Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,168 Posts
They turned out great. I know some here won't like it. But that's me, always doing the unexpected. Can't wait to get them and put them on the truck.

Reactions: dameon911

·
11,168 Posts
Here are a few pics of the tailgate handles Daniel made for me. I am glad I opted for the emblems, thi
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Car Automotive lighting
nk they turned out great!
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Car Sky

·
Registered
45 Posts
I really like the tailgate handles, but I have silver metallic. If and when you get some more interest for this color I would like one..

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Do you have any DSGs left?
Not at the moment. I have 3 on the way. 1 already claimed. The other 2 are up for claiming. I also just finished some antenna bases in the other thread.👍

Reactions: DVC

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I really like the tailgate handles, but I have silver metallic. If and when you get some more interest for this color I would like one..
Pm me if you are interested and we can work something out.👍

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I just finished up 3 more black ones that are already claimed. I have 4 more in primer if anyone else is looking to get one. Heres the ones i just finished.
White Hood Light Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
grease monkey
723 Posts
Haven’t got many pictures yet but the DSG handle I received looks great! Very happy with it

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I suppose i cld order some if needed? Pm me and we can figure somethin out

·
11,168 Posts
Any chance you could source a tailgate handle or two WITHOUT the key hole?
Good idea. Funny thing, after I took mine out of the stock handle and installed it in the new handle, it no longer works. Key won't turn all the way 90 degrees, only rotates 45 degrees. So I removed the little bent piece of metal off the lock cylinder and installed it. I have a hard bed cover that overlaps the tailgate, and it has a good lock on it. So it's still safe.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Good idea. Funny thing, after I took mine out of the stock handle and installed it in the new handle, it no longer works. Key won't turn all the way 90 degrees, only rotates 45 degrees. So I removed the little bent piece of metal off the lock cylinder and installed it. I have a hard bed cover that overlaps the tailgate, and it has a good lock on it. So it's still safe.
Thats odd. I have the same tailgate handle as these on my truck and dont have any issues.

·
11,168 Posts
Thats odd. I have the same tailgate handle as these on my truck and dont have any issues.
Not saying it's the handles fault. Likely something happened to the lock cylinder. Don't know what though. It just doesn't work any longer. Tried lubing it, but somehow it just got mucked up. When I tried putting it back in the original handle, it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Odd. Are you sure you are getting it locked back in the handle good so it doesnt rotate? Not sure if thats even possible though. Strange problem. Idk

·
11,168 Posts
Odd. Are you sure you are getting it locked back in the handle good so it doesnt rotate? Not sure if thats even possible though. Strange problem. Idk
Far as I know, it only fits one way.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts