Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive had some guys request some other parts to get painted and figured i would go ahead and ask since im gona be doing some when i get them. How many people would like a paint matched tailgate handle? I can do 75 dollars shipped. These are NOT OEM tailgate handles. I have UA/black, YZ/Oxford white, and CX/dsg paint. Let me know who all is ready and what color so i know if i need to order anymore tailgate handles. If you have any questions just PM me. Thank you.
Also if there is enough interest for another color i can get other colors. But it will have to be enough to justifiy buying more paint. Also i can not guarentee a perfect color match as im just purchasing stock color mixed paints.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright for the guys that have said they want one i got some in today and ran out and test fitted it on my truck real quick. It does fit pretty good. Is it oem fit, no? But i feel like its a pretty decent part for the price and fits well enough, i doubt anyone would ever know it wasnt oem unless you told them. It does also feel pretty rigid. Here some pics. Please excuse how dirty my truck is. Lol
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bicycle tire

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,168 Posts
Like we discussed via text, I'll take one of those in Oxford White. Looks like it fits good enough, since it'll be painted.

Reactions: dameon911

·
grease monkey
723 Posts
Looks good to me as well, still in for one in DSG

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Mine just snapped on my 02 HD the other day so I had to get a new one quickly via Amazon Prime. It was the black smooth one from Dorman. It fits perfect but I can definitely tell the color difference against the tailgate.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine just snapped on my 02 HD the other day so I had to get a new one quickly via Amazon Prime. It was the black smooth one from Dorman. It fits perfect but I can definitely tell the color difference against the tailgate.
Wld you like me to paint you one to replace it? I considered the dorman part but the reviews on it and most others i have found are all slightly less than stellar so to say.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Wld you like me to paint you one to replace it? I considered the dorman part but the reviews on it and most others i have found are all slightly less than stellar so to say.
Wow I never heard that about the Dorman handle,but I’m good for now. I need to get this truck finished and tuned so I can start on my Lightning. I appreciate the offer and will definitely keep it in mind. Painted 97/98 smooth window surrounds would be another great idea,but a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow I never heard that about the Dorman handle,but I’m good for now. I need to get this truck finished and tuned so I can start on my Lightning. I appreciate the offer and will definitely keep it in mind. Painted 97/98 smooth window surrounds would be another great idea,but a lot of work.
Paintimg them wldnt be to bad. Shipping them wld be $$$$

Reactions: dannyrok

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heres an update for all those that are waitimg for a tailgate handle and antenna base. Still waiting on more tail gate handles for the rest of you or if anyone else is interested please let me know. If you want anything done pm me.
Product Bumper Everyday carry Belt Rectangle

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire
Automotive tire Guitar accessory Automotive design Eyewear Material property
Eyewear Natural material Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Metal

·
grease monkey
723 Posts
They look great!
I sent you a text, funds ready to send

·
11,168 Posts
Looks good man. I'll send you the money for the white one here shortly. Let me check my conversations, I believe I still have your paypal address therein. $75, right?

·
11,168 Posts
They look great!
I sent you a text, funds ready to send
Which one are you getting? I'm aiming for the white one. We talked vai text and I told him I wanted it several days ago. I see, you're getting DSG.

·
11,168 Posts
Money sent for the Oxford White parts. You still have my address in the conversation arena.

·
11,168 Posts
No rush pal. Once everyone pays, it's easier for you to make only one trip to ship them all.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Posting these for cbxer55. He wanted them done like this so i did what i cld. Turned out nice. They also match his custom tumbler i painted.👍
Automotive design Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior
Finger Musical instrument accessory Button Circle Font
Drinkware Fluid Liquid Drink Cylinder

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 35 Posts