Lightning Rodder banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,111 Posts
Hotchkis males a nice kit? I recall there was a guy on here not that long ago looking to lift his Lightning back to stock height. Mine is two inches lower than stock height in the rear. I'm leaving it there. May go with JLP four inch shackles in the rear. But, that's it!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Here are the latest 6. These will be shipping to their new owners soon. If anyone else wants one let me know.
Eyewear Natural material Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Metal
Automotive tire Guitar accessory Automotive design Eyewear Material property

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I went ahead and ordered more antenna bases. If there is enough interest i may get another color also.

·
11,111 Posts
I mentioned to Daniel that another item that would look good color-matched is the round plastic cover on the rear bumper where a tow ball would go. That's really the only other item on the back of my truck that will still be black after I get the tail gate handle installed.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Where all the true blues at?! cmon people these are sick!
Havent had enough interest to get that color paint.... yet. Lol. Pm me for more info please.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

·
11,111 Posts
So Daniel texted me last night and said he has found that little round bumper cover for tow balls. Now doing one of those for me as well.

Reactions: SVTjune

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
This is it. Sld work for pluggin that hole. Lol.
Microphone Helmet Fedora Peripheral Audio equipment
Hat Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Rectangle Synthetic rubber

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yep that's the one.

Plenty of items left to paint match.

Tailgate handle, license plate light shrouds, door keypad surround, door mirror surrounds and etc etc etc. Lol
Yeah def the tail gate handle. Just shipped some out yesterday.
I hate the plastic dimpled junk. Ive all but completely got rid of it on my truck. The front 2 steps are all thats left and i plan to do them.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Really suprised no one has asked about silver or red? 🤷‍♂️

·
11,111 Posts
I thought about the license plate light shrouds. I already have the tail gate handles and bumper cover in work, awaiting shipping until he's done a custom tumbler for me. Mirror surrounds? Leaving them stock. Matches with the little sliver of black under the antenna base cover.

If I was to do anything with the mirrors, it would be to replace the dumbo ear mirrors with some of those Street Scene small aerodynamic mirrors. Have them on my old Ranger, been on it for near 20 years.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thats what i have also. The ss mirrors look so much better than factory. Imho

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I thought about the license plate light shrouds. I already have the tail gate handles and bumper cover in work, awaiting shipping until he's done a custom tumbler for me. Mirror surrounds? Leaving them stock. Matches with the little sliver of black under the antenna base cover.

If I was to do anything with the mirrors, it would be to replace the dumbo ear mirrors with some of those Street Scene small aerodynamic mirrors. Have them on my old Ranger, been on it for near 20 years.
The SS mirrors are nice and all but I like to see what's beside me. Lol

·
11,111 Posts
The SS mirrors are nice and all but I like to see what's beside me. Lol
I put a small blind spot mirror on the inner most lower corner of the mirrors on all my vehicles, including my two bikes. I can see a vehicle in that little mirror and my peripheral vision at the same time. Don't even need to turn my head.

Reactions: dameon911

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I put a small blind spot mirror on the inner most lower corner of the mirrors on all my vehicles, including my two bikes. I can see a vehicle in that little mirror and my peripheral vision at the same time. Don't even need to turn my head.
Not a fan of the mirror blisters.
Even with backup cameras I still turn my head and check blind spots as well to verify what is or isn't present.

·
11,111 Posts
Not a fan of the mirror blisters.
Even with backup cameras I still turn my head and check blind spots as well to verify what is or isn't present.
Yeah, I still do it out of habit. Especially on the bikes. But 100% of the time, all I see is the same thing my eyes and the little mirror showed me already.

Reactions: dameon911

·
11,111 Posts
Thats what i have also. The ss mirrors look so much better than factory. Imho
I looked up the Street Scene mirrors today. I'm confused, there are three different part numbers that would likely fit our truck. One is for 97 - 03. Another is for 98 - 03. And the last is for 99 - 04. Damn it! I suppose the last one is the one, since Lightnng's ran for those years. But all three cover our years, and the description on them is all the same, word-for-word.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts