Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What's my age again?
2,070 Posts
I would start with reg ole P90X. You will feel like you got your ass kicked for 6 days in a row. After at least 2 phases then I would look into Insanity. Then again I don't know where your fitness level is. I'm just assuming overweight out of showed like most of us start out lol

·
Texas>Florida
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not really overweight.....i would always go to the gym but wasnt seeing the results i wanted so o got the p90x....

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,468 Posts
I downloaded both for free, with all the nutrition guides and meal plans and shit....Just been too lazy and dont have any real room to do any of it. I even have them in a mp4 format so I could load them into my ipod but again been lazy. I really do need to get started, 6' 2, 236....I'd like to be around 185-190. Also been looking into joining a couple local boxing gyms. Aint no workout in the world like a boxers..

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,468 Posts
Where did you download them from? I have the P90X discs but I would like to see the nutrition guides and meal plans.
Have to know how to use torrent sites. Pretty easy once you do. Downloaded the video converter I used too lol.

D

·
0 Posts
I have done both and prefer Insanity. I am a lifter and hate doing cardio but I had to do it to stay lean. I couldn't stand doing treadmills or any machines so a buddy at work recommended Insanity and I love it. Its nice because it always changes and it kicks your ass too.

I didn't like P90x because I like using a barbell and big weights instead of dumbells and such.

So, in all, it depends on what your goals are...to get in shape and build muscle, use P90x. To lose weight and get lean, use Insanity.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have done both and prefer Insanity. I am a lifter and hate doing cardio but I had to do it to stay lean. I couldn't stand doing treadmills or any machines so a buddy at work recommended Insanity and I love it. Its nice because it always changes and it kicks your ass too.

I didn't like P90x because I like using a barbell and big weights instead of dumbells and such.

So, in all, it depends on what your goals are...to get in shape and build muscle, use P90x. To lose weight and get lean, use Insanity.
You're a lifter who doesn't incorporate dumbbells into the routine!? :smt102

I'm all for compound barbell lifting (presses, squats, deads) and other barbell lifts (bb curls, etc)... but dumbells are excellent for every-other-week routine to build mass. (i.e. I'll do barbell flat bench, dumbbell incline and decline bench presses one week, then dumbbell flat bench and barbell incline and decline the following week, along with other follow-up isolation exercises like dumbbell pullovers and cable crossovers, etc.)

·
Shockn Em' Since 86!
2,187 Posts
I like P90x i did it for a while i can tell you that it aint a walk in the park

Id have to agree with Douger if you wanna pack on some mass do P90 if you wanna get Lean do insanity

·
BeachBody Coach
897 Posts
Hey could you email me those nutrition guides please? ill post them on my site so they'll be available for ppl to download. I just did my site so haven't really put a whole lot of stuff there yet. i appreciate it. I dont stick to their meal plan i just eat what i consider healthy. I've became real good at saying no to junk when im at the grocery store too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
EVL LS1
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing