Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give some advice on why my truck pulled a p1299 code? it lost all power and the oil light came on. I keep the oil change and check all fluids once a week. I was on the freeway and managed to keep it going until I got onto a feeder road and found a parking lot, I shut it off and checked everything and it all looked good. When I cranked it back up after about ten minutes it seem to run OK, I got it back home with no problems.:smt100

·
11 Second Club
15,084 Posts
I looked and sounds like it went on limp mode for overheating. I would check the temp sensor thermostat even the water pump.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jose, if it was the water pump would it be leaking? I did change the thermostat and was going to change the sensor but auto zone gave me the wrong part.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Changed the T-stat before or after the problem? If you changed it before the problem popped up, it may have just been an air bubble in the engine hadn't gotten out yet. A water pump can go bad without leaking - the impeller vanes on the inside can corrode completely off and shut down water flow in the engine.

Bird

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After the problem. How can you tell if the water pump is going out? I remember back in the old days you take the cap off and see the water moving in the radiator or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts