Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning ya'll. This morning as I was driving home from work, I threw a SES light in which read a p0442 code.

I dropped the fuel tank last week and swapped out fuel pumps as well as fuel lines. No SES lights after multiple driving cycles and datalogs since Wednesday (5 Days)

On Sunday I had a fuel leak at the rail and fixed that. By leak I mean the rail and injector had disconnected. I got lucky for sure, but thankfully I didn't drive far when it happened. After I fixed the leak I had a stronger than normal gas smell while driving and while the truck is off and parked. Almost smells like I spilled a little fuel in the cab. This morning would've been the third driving cycle since the leak, and from what I understand the computer will throw codes after 3 cycles if there is a problem. This leads me to believe I developed the code on Sunday.

From what I read its a small EVAP leak. Will this be more of a nuisance code than anything? I fixed the rail in less than an hour, but I was curious if there's EVAP lines to the plenum? I read a post on here that there was, and I may have D/C'ed it and forgot to reconnect it. The post wasn't very clear on which line it was.

From what I searched, it is fine to drive, it'll just smell like fuel. EVAP system could be turned off in the tune also right? Im in Florida so no emissions check if thats a concern.

Truck is driving fine for what it's worth.

If this is the wrong forum can ya enlighten me? I was gonna post in tech but last post was 7 days ago? Doesn't seem like it gets much visitors

Thanks!

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,561 Posts
If you're going to turn off the evap, remove it all.

Evap leaks can be at the fuel tank, plenum(black vacuum line coming off firewall on driver's side near the booster)
And can be fuel cap related.

It's a nuisance if you don't have emissions

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're going to turn off the evap, remove it all.

Evap leaks can be at the fuel tank, plenum(black vacuum line coming off firewall on driver's side near the booster)
And can be fuel cap related.

It's a nuisance if you don't have emissions
Cap is good, checked it this morning. Ill check the plenum. Thanks @Dusten!

If it cleans up the bay I may delete it too as a weekend project. But thats for another day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts