Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Innovator of the Bombassani exhaust
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is a soft code (no light) and my valve is toast. Thanks to searching posts, I found that if the truck is off the valve will lay on the screw. When running, it should be up off the screw. Mine is laying on the screw all the time. Wonder if this has been hurting my performance?? New valve time!!!!

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have a part number for this damn thing???

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Have you applied vacuum to the top port of the actuator to verify it's blown out? Bypass arm laying on the screw means it's under boost all the time.......

Bird

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will try.... Which line do I run to the top to get vacuum?? I thought the bottom line was for fresh air. I pulled both and no movement. Capped both inlets on the valve and no change.

Thanks bird

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Just get a piece of vacuum hose and put it on the top fitting, then suck on it to see if the valve rises off the screw - if so, then the actuator is good and you've got a problem with the boost control system.

Bird

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks bird... will test tomorrow

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
valve failed two test..... Did the vacuum tube test and it did not move. Also pulled top and bottom hoses and pushed the valve in by hand. Sealed the two ports with my fingers and the valve dropped down. I find the valve has a good bit of tension on it also.... Lift the valve and let go and that thing slaps down like a mouse trap.... Can't be good

I will wait for input before I order another valve.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
valve failed two test..... Did the vacuum tube test and it did not move. Also pulled top and bottom hoses and pushed the valve in by hand. Sealed the two ports with my fingers and the valve dropped down. I find the valve has a good bit of tension on it also.... Lift the valve and let go and that thing slaps down like a mouse trap.... Can't be good

I will wait for input before I order another valve.
Dead actuator - I've got a spare you can have. PM your address to me and I'll get it on the way tomorrow.

Bird

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You have a PM Bird...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Reactions: Throttle Jockey

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what being part of the Lightning Nation is about!!!!

Thanks Again Bird Man

·
Stock block 11 second club
10,556 Posts
blownbayou, glad you got it figured out. I've been busy with work and haven't been able to give any input so I'm glad Bird got you taken care of. Bird, class act. You've been repped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts