Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a b&m hammer shifter in my expy console and will need a way to shut off my od. Does anyone know if the stock od switch is a momentary switch? I assume it is since the od comes back on every time the truck is restarted. If so I'm thinking I could just wire it into the cigarette lighter, push it in and it completes the circuit, wire in one of the spare unused lights in the dash for the indicator light. Anyone know?

·
Certified In SVT By Ford
847 Posts
Momentary contact I believe. Just inputs the PCM to lock out OD. I'd have to pull a wiring diagram to be sure. What year, ill look when I get to work

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I've pulled the diagram on ebsco and it just shows a switch. Nothing to show momentary or spst. 04

·
Certified In SVT By Ford
847 Posts
^ correct. Red/Yellow is your 12v source, White/Light Green is Ground (PCM internal), Tan/White is triggerto PCM

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I would post a pic of the console lid and how the shifter bezel is going to fit. I think It is going to look really good.

Ive got some more sanding to do to get all the wrinkles out, but it's coming along. I'm going to order the "hardware kit" in a couple of weeks so i can hook it to my tranny.

·
BANNED
1,661 Posts
that's getting hooked up to a 4r70w, right? My buddy put one of those shifters in his '02 mustang gt and it was fun as hell to drive!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No 4r100, I know at wot the computer shifts the tranny, but I'm doing it more for a custom look, and IMO its just cool to drive around town with it.

·
BANNED
1,661 Posts
o wow, didn't think that thing would work with a 4r100. Shit, I would've run one of those badboys if I knew that... I already picked up an oem shifter from a NBS truck though and have begun work on it.

·
BANNED
1,661 Posts
do you have notes and/or diagrams for the wiring changes you're having to do to install that? i.e. ignition lock circuit (where it has to be in park to remove the key), the brake circuit (brake depressed to shift out of park), etc.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o wow, didn't think that thing would work with a 4r100. Shit, I would've run one of those badboys if I knew that... I already picked up an oem shifter from a NBS truck though and have begun work on it.
I looked at one from nbs but for the money this shifter was hard to beat (120$). I ordered one for a fox stang and I'm going to order a hardware kit from here http://www.racereadyproducts.com/automatic-shifters/winters-shifter-parts/ for an e4od. It really wasn't to difficult to mount the shifter base in the console frame. I built and installed aluminum braces so I could bang the shifter and not worry about breaking the plastic frame of the console. I'll see if I got pics of the frame work.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you have notes and/or diagrams for the wiring changes you're having to do to install that? i.e. ignition lock circuit (where it has to be in park to remove the key), the brake circuit (brake depressed to shift out of park), etc.
This thread http://www.f150online.com/forums/1997-2003-f-150/427049-patman-flow-through-console-shifter.html has them. But I plan on just removing it and installing the manual key release like a standard shift has. I don't need the brake lockout.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ahh, yeah, I was working on deciphering pat's 3 page wiring notes lol
I have an advantage of only needing the od switch. And ebsco has great wiring diagrams.

·
Terberta
229 Posts
Will you be able to reach the handle OK? Setting straight in the seat not leaning forward? I've been toying with this a long time. I'll need a instructions for dummies with pics when you get into it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will you be able to reach the handle OK? Setting straight in the seat not leaning forward? I've been toying with this a long time. I'll need a instructions for dummies with pics when you get into it.
Not as good as I would like if I was using it for racing. I do have to reach to pull it out of and put into park, but to shift gears no. Instructions for dummies? Not sure I'm the guy for that, but I'll post up the pics I have. And try to explain anything I can.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts