Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey f*ckers.

haven't posted in a while, maybe we'll get into the whys and hows later, but i'm back for the time being.

done some shit to the truck, new rotorpros brakes, gaylord speedsturr wing cover, audio system, the old girl is lookin pretty good.

my plan all along has been to squirrel moneys away until i could buy a set of oz vela rims in 22" for the truck, but i was surfing around and came across a pretty good deal on a set of nice racelines, the only problem is they're 20s and i had my heart set on 22s.

here are the rims i found...

i'm thinking these, with the deep lip for the rear

and these, with the standard lip for the front

both are 20x9.5 the only difference is the ones with the deep lip are reverse mounted, allowing for a much bigger lip.

my predicament, do i jump all over the deal? (279 per rim) or wait and save for the 22s?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i find myself strangely proud of the fact that i come back to this site after what has to be 3, 4 months...and i'm still the quote at the bottom of your sig.

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
If you really want 22's wait but like 95% of us I think 20's are the best oversize rim but if you really drop the truck more than 2/4 then 22's look ok especially on a bagged truck. Was hoping you would've come to Vinnies last week your only 45 minutes away.

Mike

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you really want 22's wait but like 95% of us I think 20's are the best oversize rim but if you really drop the truck more than 2/4 then 22's look ok especially on a bagged truck. Was hoping you would've come to Vinnies last week your only 45 minutes away.

Mike
i was on vacation when you guys had that get together.

my truck wasn't on the road then either, but i'd have come out either on the bike or in the chevelle if i was home.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
where the **** you been shyt for brains?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had a feeling 20s would be the popular choice.

what's the consensus on the deep lip in back, standard lip in front?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The standard lip rims can be built with up to 6.75" of backspace and the deep lip rims with up to 5.5"

How much backspacing do I need front and rear?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts