Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who read my into thread know that I've been searching for a white 1st gen for a while, well the search is over.

Here she is

sorry for the picture quality, I am no photographer

She is a bone stock '95 with 75K on the clock, all original paint and absolutely no rust. The original owner was an older gentlemen, that past away this May. His wife then sold it to her brother who stored it until now, so I am the third owner.

All it needs is a good polishing and the carpet cleaned, as well as fix the scuff on the left side of the front bumper. As well as replace some of the original belts and hoses, it even still has the Firehawk GTA's on it.

I am not sure what the future holds for this one. I'd hate to mod such a survivor, but I have a hard time leaving well enough alone.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
nice..very clean

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the complements guys,

Now that I've had the truck for a few weeks and had a chance to detail it and do some tune up & maintenance to it, I now think I have a plan.

It will not be driven daily, but will see a bit of tow duty hauling my mustang and my father-in-law's bass boat, so it will have to remain very street-able.

Phase 1: (will be completed asap)

Tranny flush and add 4X4 pan and Punisher Street VB, K&N Panel filter and 460 intake tube or try to copy to Pickerel cool air intake

Phase 2: (probably this winter)

Bassani off road mid pipe and delete smog pump (mainly to clean up the engine bay), spring and shackle drop (1-2 probably) and look for some 03-04 Gen2 wheels, Smooth front bumper, roll pan and color match mirrors & handles

Phase 3: (when I have to tare in to the top end)

Convert to roller 5.0 HO cam, and 1.7 crane RR (I have everything I need to do this already), windstar or Mk-8 E-fan

Phase 4: (far far down the road)

Mass air conversion w/ A9L & Baumanator, cam, long tubes, maybe forced induction

Anything I'm forgetting given my plans for the truck?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Are you sure the paint is original? I ask because the lightning stickers are missing. Either they were taken off for some unkown reason or the truck was repainted. Also, I say skip all other mods and immediately go forced induction.[smilie=3g

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep, the paint is definitely factory

I was told that the original owner had the dealer remove the stickers before he took delivery of the truck, I have a set of reproductions on there now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts